Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

75 gallon closed loop reef

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kylehansen

75 gallon closed loop reef Empty
PostSubject: 75 gallon closed loop reef   75 gallon closed loop reef EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Money is tight around here but im still getting some of my projects underway. One is my 75 gallon reef. The tank is drilled with an overflow and a closed loop. 7 holes overall. here are some pics.
[img]75 gallon closed loop reef 75_gal10[/img]
heres a pic of the tank

75 gallon closed loop reef 75_gal13

heres the closed loop. I have lots of plumbing experience but not where i am maximizing flow rates. Do you guys think this is too many 90's? There will be no headloss except for the turns in the system. Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon closed loop reef   75 gallon closed loop reef EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:53 am

DANG MAN thats alot of holes in a tank.but with the right pump and adjustment of all those ball valves things should be bad A$$.and i hear yah about low on funds but once again with all those valves and what not you could push a smaller pump until you could afford a larger pump.shouldnt be that hard to replace the pump in the future if you know you are going to do it.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon closed loop reef   75 gallon closed loop reef EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:06 am

thats an awesome tank, but why so many? could some become the returns?
i want a bigger tank now...
Back to top Go down
kylehansen

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon closed loop reef   75 gallon closed loop reef EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:54 am

Thats a good idea. i have some powerheads laying around that i could use if it wasn't enough flow. and those 5 holes will be the returns haha. Im actually contemplating drilling another 3 inch hole for a 2 inch bulkhead! Im going for a super clean show tank so i want as little equipment in the tank as possible. All you should see are the returns in the tank if i do it right. Granted it will cost more but i have a friend on this forum who is the master of ghetto tech that always helps me bring the cost of my projects down. Im also planning on doing a halide setup with two pendents over an open tank. It should look very clean when im done!
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon closed loop reef   75 gallon closed loop reef EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 pm

that sounds kosher, yes i too know the ghetto macgyver of corvallis, he can make it happen if anyone can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon closed loop reef   75 gallon closed loop reef Empty

Back to top Go down

75 gallon closed loop reef
Page 1 of 1