Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thinking about breeding frogs....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hamstern

Hamstern

Thinking about breeding frogs.... Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about breeding frogs....   Thinking about breeding frogs.... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Well,another mistake lol! ...Well once I get my african dwarf frogs I am going to try to breed them.I have read that you have to a mimic a dry season by kepping the tank water low-3-5in.Then you wait for the frogs to mate.Next there should be little,sticky eggs.From here your supposed to seperate the parents so they don't eat their babys.You have to to give them special food,or crushed up flakes.The frogs are ready to breed in nine mounths....is this true???
afro afro afro

Last edited by Hamstern on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about breeding frogs....   Thinking about breeding frogs.... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:07 pm

well, looks like its time for a visit to the library...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about breeding frogs....   Thinking about breeding frogs.... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:22 pm

i have wanted to breed small frogs befoe as well.if you need a hand with building something let me know maybe i can help.i think you may need a larger enviroment to do this but once again i am not sure.they are a staple in the industry so they must be bred by the large numbers.i believe you also have to simulate a rainy season with some colder water .
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about breeding frogs....   Thinking about breeding frogs.... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:51 pm

im curious what this setup will look like...
Back to top Go down
Hamstern

Hamstern

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about breeding frogs....   Thinking about breeding frogs.... EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:15 pm

Got my frog tank set up with many plants....but no theme yet... What a Face afro afro
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about breeding frogs....   Thinking about breeding frogs.... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:28 am

a theme huh.i think the plants should be the theme.if you are going to keep your water level low like you said you were try out some plants that can grow emersed above the water.try out some anubius,java fern, bolbitus, some hygros,and bacopa.just a thought and were is the pic of the new setup man. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about breeding frogs....   Thinking about breeding frogs.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about breeding frogs....
Page 1 of 1