Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Burst Baboon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Star Burst Baboon Empty
PostSubject: Star Burst Baboon   Star Burst Baboon EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:40 am

so i am pretty sure i have a female star burst baboon and she has been acting strange lately..more active laying web and such and was hoping someone might know of a possible male out and about ..these seem to be not as agresive as most baboons i have seen and i think it would be nice to see if i could get some lil spiders.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Star Burst Baboon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Burst Baboon   Star Burst Baboon EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:41 am

[img]Star Burst Baboon Sdpics16[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Star Burst Baboon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Burst Baboon   Star Burst Baboon EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:03 am

i would say the heat is making her more feisty...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Star Burst Baboon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Burst Baboon   Star Burst Baboon EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:04 pm

yeah probably the late summer and all.i have had several tarantulas and i have only observed this behaviour when i had adopted a male rose hair that i had to keep next to my original female rose hair...there was much excited activity but at the time i had little experience with spiders and had no acces to fruit flies and other small foods for spidelings..but now that has changed and i have seen these baboons sell...not for sale..30-40 bucks each..and it isnt all profit that is just incentive..anyhow yeah its probably temp,humidity,or photoperiod related..wich translates to weather.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Star Burst Baboon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Burst Baboon   Star Burst Baboon EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:24 pm

yeah, but im sure breeding some would be great fun, sounds like you know your spiders...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Star Burst Baboon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Burst Baboon   Star Burst Baboon EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:35 am

so i looked into getting another one ordered and it costs at least $25 without shipping and i dont get to see the spider in question.last time i had seen someone order a turantula it wasnt the right sex either.so i thinki will have to wait on this little project.at least untill one comes my way.females live 10 years pluss and males 3-7 so i got a couple years in theory.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Star Burst Baboon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Burst Baboon   Star Burst Baboon EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:26 am

yeah, im always paranoid unless i got someone looking out for me when it comes to livestock orders.
im sure you will see one pass through at some point, and at least the females got some longevity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star Burst Baboon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Burst Baboon   Star Burst Baboon Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Burst Baboon
Page 1 of 1