Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new to the forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
burningbaal

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: new to the forum   new to the forum EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:30 am

Hi guys, saw Robert (badxgillen) at animal house when we got a new powder blue tang for our 55gallon reef. We have a 55gallon with some cabbage corals, gap, ricordia and palys. Has a percula, a yellow stripe maroonclown, and a paired pistol shrimp/watchmen goby. I am hoping to build an overflow/sump, and want to have an engineer goby or two whichever may require trading out the watchmen/shrimp...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the forum   new to the forum EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:15 am

i have some engineer gobies and they are awsome.so communal and personable.they group up and beg for food with there weird undulating fins moving back and forth.they get a little large and like to move things but they make up for that in other traits.as far as the corals thats a real good start.maybe we can trade a ricordia or two.welcome aboard i am sure i will see yah around.and keep us posted about the over flow.we are all looking for input to better the trade and i personaly need to figure out an effective and inexpensive remedy fro my good friend.any how throw up some pics when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the forum   new to the forum EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:29 am

Pics of the overflow are on pnmwas and trt.com, I'll see about gettingthem up here...my rocks are all seated on the glass in expectation of sand sifters...do have other ricordias? I'm hoping to some trumpets or tree corals at some point
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the forum   new to the forum EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:51 am

i have a few basic ricordia floridas and i also have a few types of caulastrea.as far as trees i have a sinularia and kenyas that are pretty tree like.at some point we can talk about getting you some frags.
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the forum   new to the forum EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Powder blue is doing well in the 10 gallon QT this morning, eating pellets and nibbling at some prolifin. I would love to diversify a little, happy to trade out some GSP and/or ricordia. I have one rock with a little of both...and hair algae, that's why we got the tang Smile

I wonder if I'd ever be able to catch the pistol shrimp/watchmen goby. I might have to just let an eng goby do what he wants when I get it...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the forum   new to the forum EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:14 am

it may take some dismantiling of the tank to get the goby and shrimp pair.maybe you could isolate them to one side by removing some rock in the middle.that may make it easier.i must say if you can catch them out you can probably trade them for a couple engineer gobies anyways.and what color is your ricordia.if i recall you also have some rhodactis.or fuzzy mushrooms.what color are those as well if you dont mind my asking.
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the forum   new to the forum EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:26 am

The ricordias are maroon with green middle...short 'tentacles' that make them look like a stubby anemone.
my cabbage corals are kind a pink color, palys are maroon.
lots of gsp and some xenia -looking ones. The goby I think I could catch, but the shrimp is crazy shy...we'll see. I may try it a little after I get the powder blue out of QT...that way I'd have somewhere to put the shrimp/goby.

If I do get them out, anyone interested in a trade for a pair of engineer gobies?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the forum   new to the forum EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:01 pm

what size of engineers are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the forum   new to the forum EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:32 pm

badxgillen wrote:
what size of engineers are you looking for?

I don't think I'm picky...just so they're ok to be on they're own! Should I get two? I've got about 4"of sand in the 55...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the forum   new to the forum EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:03 am

some people prefer more but i would say thats perfect.they will mound up some to the desired level anyways.or sometimes they will just excavate a cave and hang out in there.and the more the merrier as they are pretty communal.two would be a good number to go with.they get large and you can always get more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the forum   new to the forum Empty

Back to top Go down

new to the forum
Page 1 of 1