Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment Empty
PostSubject: five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment   five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:40 am

for now the title of this thread will be the one mentioned above until it unfolds.anyhow my brother in law has been messing with LEDs for a little while and has come up with this ingenious little unit that consists of some pretty easy to come by components and has quite a bit of light behind it.the principle is all there and from this unit countless possibilities arise.he has used this unit to grow some terrestrial plants such as basil with succes so the PAR for photosynthesis is there.he went with just blue and red due to the fact that this would be the optimal wavelengths for plants.when i said i would like to try it over some corals he was more than for it.so here we go with some experiments.just for fun.first some light.[img]five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment 9-16-110[/img]
here is a test lobo that has been in the dumps for a while.he is sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment   five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:44 am

here is plain daylight.
[img]five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment 9-16-112[/img]
her is the blue LED on.it is bright and beautiful.cant wait to put it on some nicer corals.
[img]five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment 9-16-113[/img]
and here when both the red and blue are on it looks a unerving magenta.so lets see what the corals think.
[img]five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment 9-16-114[/img]
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment   five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 am

Im sorry but that coral looks like a big rigid p*n!$. Full salute. Like predators or something. With warts

Or a toy. Looks erotic under those last lights
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment   five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:45 am

Shocked i dont really know how to respond to that...i presume you dont want a frag of this guy then!?
Back to top Go down
kylehansen

PostSubject: Re: five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment   five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:24 pm

those look sweet! i wonder what that setup would be equivalent too, as far as growing coral. nice job
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment   five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:08 am

i wish i could take credit for the build.but i cannot.and as far as coral thats the experiment so we will see.i will say that so far as i expected the blue LED area is getting more response than the red areas.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment   five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:19 am

well it does seem that the blues are the real photosynthetic value as far as he coral are concerned.not too suprising as the way water filteres out light.now i will see about my freind making one without the reds and with a possible fixture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment   five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment Empty

Back to top Go down

five watt single blue LED w 2.5 watt red LEDs experiment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Equipment and Products Review :: Lighting-
Jump to: