Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fluidized bio ball bed filter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kylehansen

fluidized bio ball bed filter Empty
PostSubject: fluidized bio ball bed filter   fluidized bio ball bed filter EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 3:04 am

Heres some pics of my diy fluidized bed filter made with bio balls. The tank is a hex tank that will sit under my 75 hex. Hopefully it will be very effective as it will be filtering some very messy goldfish!

fluidized bio ball bed filter Bed_fi10
sorry for the bad pic. I cant get a video on here but keep in mind these are floating bio balls so any you see not on top are otw up.

Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: fluidized bio ball bed filter   fluidized bio ball bed filter EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:14 pm

WOW!.upon thinking about this wouldnt this filtration be sufficient for a small pond?are you gojng to add anything to the chamber aside from the bio balls?any sinking medias.oh and pretty sweet i never would have thought of that.
Back to top Go down
kylehansen

PostSubject: Re: fluidized bio ball bed filter   fluidized bio ball bed filter EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:21 pm

yep that is the plan If this works i will be using something similar to it on my pond i plan on building. and idkabout the other media. its surprisingly low flow near the bottom so any suggestions will be very appreciated.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: fluidized bio ball bed filter   fluidized bio ball bed filter EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:21 am

so do you have lights or light going into the filter.was wondering about possible algae.and as far as the bottom do you get any debree down there.its a sump right?if its not that accesable you would probably just want to leave it bare if it is low flow.maybe the ceramic media if it doesnt get any mulm down bellow.you could also put something as a prefilter from the pumps draw.some zeoite or carbon maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fluidized bio ball bed filter   fluidized bio ball bed filter Empty

Back to top Go down

fluidized bio ball bed filter
Page 1 of 1