Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

anemone question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shutterfish

shutterfish

anemone question Empty
PostSubject: anemone question   anemone question EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:16 pm

my red bubble tip anemone has been spending more time all squinched up with droopy arms than it has all puffed out and happy lately. It goes through phases throughout the day but I am just wondering how often it should be puffed out and beautiful and how much it will be withdrawn and sickly looking. Sometimes it is in a nice huge round ball when it is retreated and sometimes it looks like a squishy sack of innards!
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

anemone question Empty
PostSubject: Re: anemone question   anemone question EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:40 am

could we get some pics of the unhappy anemone.mine is open for the most part all day all week until it gets ready to poop.sometimes its not as big but it never looks too sickly.
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

anemone question Empty
PostSubject: Re: anemone question   anemone question EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:48 am

well now of course it is looking much better. It opened up a bit, squeezed a little something out and now looks like this.. though it still isnt all open and super bubbly... but it looks a lot better

anemone question IMAG1199
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

anemone question Empty
PostSubject: Re: anemone question   anemone question EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:52 am

something comes to mind when i re read squishy bag of inards is my green bubble tip used to lookk terrible sometimes like the discription you have given.i ended up linking it to fluxes in temperature and salinity.my room during the summer would get really hot and during the night i would cool it down.this also caused some evap and in a small tank the addition of the fresh top off was also causing stress.not to say this is the diagnosis but i have had a anemone that is now fine but went through a pretty poopy stage in the begining no thanks to me.remember they dont care for changes and hopefully your system is rather established as thats another factor in there survival.
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

anemone question Empty
PostSubject: Re: anemone question   anemone question EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:54 am

it has gone through a lot of changes recently with the one anemone getting eaten by the pump and now new water conditions... I just topped off kinda heavy tonight. I'll keep a closer eye on salinity and such. Temp is good and steady but the salinity could be off a little. I hate my refractometer too...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

anemone question Empty
PostSubject: Re: anemone question   anemone question EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:02 am

i had to bight the bullet and spend the cash for my refractometer.i believe i have a milwaukee and it has been good to me as far as accuracy and time saving.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

anemone question Empty
PostSubject: Re: anemone question   anemone question EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:42 am

well i didnt even know this applied to mine, but it does. i have been curious why my sebae was acting pissed all the time (its in my most chaotic tank, lol)...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

anemone question Empty
PostSubject: Re: anemone question   anemone question EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:46 pm

try not too overfeed either.once or twice a week is fine.i skip weeks although many people feed theres more often i wouldnt recomend it until it has become wellestablished in your aquarium.just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

anemone question Empty
PostSubject: Re: anemone question   anemone question EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:52 pm

I agree. A lot of people feed them way too much and often. Abd way too big of items that rot before digestion. Think about where they come from. On reefs, food is scarce and there isnt a big krill dropping in every few days. Bimonthly to weekly should be ok for most species in proper enviornments
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
Sponsored content

anemone question Empty
PostSubject: Re: anemone question   anemone question Empty

Back to top Go down

anemone question
Page 1 of 1