Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hanging lights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shutterfish

shutterfish

hanging lights Empty
PostSubject: hanging lights   hanging lights EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:25 pm

so... i must admit that i suck at DIY anything. I dont have many tools or experience making stuff. So I am trying to figure out the best way to hang my halide pendants from a finished garage ceiling that is all plaster board or whatever. It will not support much weight and there's no attic access to get over the top of the ceiling. The pendants are light weight but I will forever worry about them ending up splashing down into my aquarium if I hang them. Anyone have advice either on hanging lights or on making stands to hang a pendant from?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

hanging lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: hanging lights   hanging lights EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:48 pm

braces off the wall above the tank drilled into the studs of the wall would work.then they wont go anywhere and it should be pretty inexpensive depending on how you want the esthetics.you could put a 2*4 across the braces and mount the goods there.
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

hanging lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: hanging lights   hanging lights EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:32 am

great idea. That solves a lot of problems I found all the studs. My dad is going to sand down some 2x4's or 2x6's tomorrow for me to put up into the studs. I'll finish them then mount them then get the pendants hanging off the new supports... sweeeeet Smile
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

hanging lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: hanging lights   hanging lights EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:42 am

sounds like a plan man.im always finding ways to make things work as you know.plotting all the time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hanging lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: hanging lights   hanging lights Empty

Back to top Go down

hanging lights
Page 1 of 1