Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! Empty
PostSubject: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:19 am

my columbian tetras have been breeding for some time as my tank has been up and running for a few years..a bit of an aquascaping had scared me that there would be no more batches for a while but sure enough there are more little guys in there..stoked..my tetra factory is still good.cant get a good pic of the fry yet....[img]YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! Sdpics20[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:35 am

[img]YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! Sdpics22[/img]
some pics of the parents school...at least part of it.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:51 am

nice tank, looks very well established, especially to hold that bioload, looks like its doing great though, cool...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:34 am

so i think i will be posting some of these babies in the trading post as i dont need as many as i have and i think i should also diversify the gene pool some.not that its been poluted i just figure better sooner thn later on this one.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:13 pm

after a tank overhaul not done by myself there will be a hault in my tetra factory.lost a lot of plants and a chenged aquascape have kinda disturbed the balance that had been developed over several years.all in good time it will return.but for now its like a dry well.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 2:04 am

well that sucks...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:47 am

here is a pretty good pic of the tank now that it is trying to make a come back..lotsa tetras still and the plants are reaching up angain.
[img]YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! 55_hex10[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:01 pm

still having trouble with some nasty beard algae and was wanting to cheat and use some algaecide of some sort.i have had some good luck with algae fix so i was leaning tward that.i am wanting some biological control but my tank mate preferances wont alow it.i think that once i get a grip on it the new plant growth will outcompete the algae.
Back to top Go down
Eyeballer

Eyeballer

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:08 am

I'm not sure this is the same beard algae that you're talking about... if so, check out the pics below.

YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! 52910

YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! 53610

So I've been cultivating the moss on this log for quite a while. Letting the moss grow along with java moss. Here's a wider image of the log.

YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! 54110

So I put a lone nerite snail in there six days ago. The bare areas are his handy work. Here's a picture of the guy. He's been working this spot for 24h. One day ago it was totally fuzzy.

Back to top Go down
http://www.valleyeyecare.com
Eyeballer

Eyeballer

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:14 am

YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! 54710
YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! 55010
YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! 54910

In conclusion, the nerite has done a good job of clearing off large sections of the log. As a final image, here's the mama GBR who lives in that tank. Finally got a decent picture of her.

YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! 55310
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:41 am

man Shocked that couold definatly be a picture of the month entree.nice job it looks textbook.and as fara s the snaila dn algae go i suppose i could try a couple out before i go with the chemical route.thats pretty impresive for a single snail.and that algae looks like s combo with some string algae.its good to know that they will eat that as well.i should experiment with some plants first or do you know if they wil eat my jungle valisnaria?
Back to top Go down
Eyeballer

Eyeballer

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:53 am

The two nerites in my other tanks haven't touched jungle val. There's been enough algae around so I'm not sure what would happen if there were a shortage. The olives that I ordered should arrive early this week. I'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Laughing do keep me posted.i really want to try hatching the eggs in a salt tank i have.i have a couple of tanks that dont get as high of salinity so i might be able to simply change tanks for a few weeks after they hatch for there aclimation.who knows.i do know that those pics show somw definate algae removal.thanks man.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:11 pm

wow, those pics are pretty conclusive...
im gonna agree with badx, nice pics, especially the mama...
Back to top Go down
Eyeballer

Eyeballer

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Look at the first picture I submitted two days ago... the top of the log. This is how much the snail has eaten in 2 days.
YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! 02110
YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! 02410
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:19 am

those snails really work fast...
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:16 am

Yeah that is awesome. They dont seem to mind long stuff either, which a lot of snails cant touch
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:26 am

thought i would post a pic of the baby coluimbian and diamonds now that they are not baby any more.still in there little ten gallon cause i dont want them to mingle with there parents.[img]YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! Columb10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!   YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

YAY! More Columbian Tetras!!!
Page 1 of 1