An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Please help me with my leather

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aqua

PostSubject: Please help me with my leather   Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:26 am

I have a mushroom leather that is not happy, can someone give me an idea what I should do. It has collapsed and is not eating. I have another one that seems to be shrinking. I put them next to a stronger flow and the others look fine. I bought new lights so I don't think that is the problem, I have also changed out 1/3 of the water just in case that was the problem. Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Please help me with my leather   Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:43 am

most of the sarcophytons mushroom leathers do like flow.especialy to keep them free of debree.definatly stop the feeding as they should be getting sustanance from the lighting.after doing the water change you can add some carbon to relieve some of the toxins exuded from the leather as well just to rule that out.asuming that after the water change your water chemistry is spot on are there any other recent changes to the tank or corals lately?do you have a picture maybe?and it never hurts to know the water perameters as to try and narrow down the cause PH,Ammonia,Nitrite,Nitrate,Salinity ect....you say the others are ok does the one have damaged tissue or excess slime coating?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aqua

PostSubject: Re: Please help me with my leather   Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:04 am

Thank you for your help, I did another water change and they are looking better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Please help me with my leather   Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:52 am

Laughing good to hear.some of the leather corals can be strange at times.in the future you will start too know when its a problem or just pouting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help me with my leather   

Back to top Go down

Please help me with my leather
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1