Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

29G predator tank

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shutterfish

shutterfish

29G predator tank Empty
PostSubject: 29G predator tank   29G predator tank EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:01 am

I have a 29 gallon bowfront that has rock that I used with copper for QT... and a lot of rock that was just exposed to POSSIBLE copper... so I was thinking this is a great oportunity to have a FOWLR predator tank. Any suggestions as to the types and sizes of fish I could have? Would I need a skimmer or would just a filter work? I love lionfish but think those are too big. Puffers are cool.. i think triggers too? but I need all miniature sized stuff- just a 29 G here and I dont like animals who dont have enough living space...

thanks!
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

29G predator tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29G predator tank   29G predator tank EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:52 am

hmmm..a fu man chu lion is always cool or a fuzzy dwarf lion would work out.a scorpion fish or a angler would also be pretty crazy.and then there are cuddlefish. Very Happy i dont know i dont have a salt water predator tank yet so i was just spewing out some things i think about.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

29G predator tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29G predator tank   29G predator tank EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:03 am

I dont know too many predators that can fit in there. Not many and not for long. All puffers, lions, triggers, eels, groupers will outgrow it. And yes you want a skimmer. You cant have much cleaner crew and they are very messy. I recommend a bigger skmmer than normal for predatoey tanks, comparable to that of an sps tank. Unless you want to contantly clean glass by hand and such with predatory fish in the way haha...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

29G predator tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29G predator tank   29G predator tank EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:08 am

SUMP,SKIMMER, AND MACRO ALGAE..that would be a nice nutrient relief.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

29G predator tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: 29G predator tank   29G predator tank Empty

Back to top Go down

29G predator tank
Page 1 of 1