Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are these Snail Eggs?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shutterfish

shutterfish

Are these Snail Eggs? Empty
PostSubject: Are these Snail Eggs?   Are these Snail Eggs? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:27 pm

I got some new coral today... found a bunch of eggs on one of the pieces and after the nudibranch debacle I want to make sure these arent some hideous creature. Here are some pics and video.

At the end of the video, if you hit pause with 1 or 2 seconds left you will see an oval shaped blob just to the lower left of the top set of eggs. It looks sluggish.... snail baby?

I dosed everything in melafix as a coral dip but the particular coral that had the eggs went into the Zoa QT tank for the time being...

https://youtu.be/cZ917stXLSs

Are these Snail Eggs? IMAG1354

Are these Snail Eggs? IMAG1353
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

PostSubject: Re: Are these Snail Eggs?   Are these Snail Eggs? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:28 pm

oh, you can actually see the animal I was referring to in the pictures. It is in between the two egg sacks- its the blob on the right (not the single white egg to the left of it)
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Are these Snail Eggs?   Are these Snail Eggs? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:05 am

its really hard to say without a better pic but i must say that most snail eggs are relatively small and encased in a gelatinous membrane.i have seen nerite snail eggs that big but i am guessing that these are something else.once again its hard to say.
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

PostSubject: Re: Are these Snail Eggs?   Are these Snail Eggs? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:25 am

these were in a gelatinous goo... i still have them. Maybe you can check them out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are these Snail Eggs?   Are these Snail Eggs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are these Snail Eggs?
Page 1 of 1