Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank

Go down 
+4
mvpaquatics
badxgillen
Eyeballer
Summit MicroFarm
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Empty
PostSubject: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:30 am

I was asked about my avatar so I would like to briefly talk about Taiwan bee shrimp.
Taiwan bee shrimp are an genetic mutant of the dwarf crystal shrimp species ie crystal black CBS, crystal red CRS and snow white/crystal golden shrimp GOLDEN BEE. The exact origin of this mutation is unknown at most, undocumented at least. There are many theories ranging from introduced tiger shrimp genes to random mutation in crystal shrimp genes.
They are treated as a "more sensitive crystal shrimp" species.
Water parameters vary, however it is widely accepted that soft, highly acidic water that is kept pure is the way to go.
Below are some pics from my Taiwans. I wish my photo skillz were as good as my breeding! LOL Laughing
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank P1070210
This picture shows my Shadow bee Blue Panda along with my berried Red Ruby Taiwan bee, a single strip Black King Kong BKK/Panda and a few F1 mischlings
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Copy_o10
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank P1070211
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Img_3210
a beautiful now berried young female Taiwan bee Panda
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Img_3211
Back to top Go down
Eyeballer

Eyeballer

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:50 am

Beautiful, all of them! Now I'm really interested in getting some CRS. CBS too. These advanced strains are awesome. Can you tell me what the plant is in the bottom picture? It looks like a tiny microsword or something. That would make a very cool foreground cover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.valleyeyecare.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:50 pm

they are pretty crazy Shocked i have a couple of shrimp tanks i need to revamp and this might be the way to go.i have seen so many shrimps lately its almost headspinning. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Eyeballer,
The plant in the bottom picture is actually called Dwarf Four Leafed Clover. It was purchased here
h t t p : / / w w w . aquariumplants.com/Four_Leaf_Clover_Dwarf_Marsilea_hirsuta_p/po08.htm
Not sure of the link posting rules on this site, but if need be just pull it if not allowed.
It is a beautiful plant when growing. It does not grow well in my tank because I do not add CO2. Very pretty
Thanks for the compliments! The Taiwan bee's are my most favorite of all shrimp species. I love the Caridina's!
Good luck!
alien
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:20 pm

So I saw the 7 day deal on links but obviously I bypassed it. Sorry. Like I said, if need be just pull it. Thanks guys!
alien
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Quick Update

I just fed my shrimp last night and sat by with the camera trying to catch a few good pics...Well I caught 3 or 4 good shots but had to take close to 150 to get them! LOL
Lemme know what you think. Both females below are berried
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Blue_p11
Blue Panda
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Wine_r11

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Nice pics! I am interested to know more avout your camera setup. What do you use?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:19 am

damnit now i want to raise shrimps, maybe cleaner shrimp if i feel brave...
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:03 am

MVPaquatics- The camera I am using (in last two pics only) is a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 18-55mm lens with camera set on macro. Some shots flash on, others not. All shots are freehand. I find that you need to be able sway forward and backward quickly as shrimp change positions fast and often. Also, it helps with focusing due to close range shots and macro setting. Honestly I am a photography noob, aside from point and shoot. I have just been playing around and found that I can take some decent shots when "the stars align" LOL Razz The early pics of this thread are from a point and shoot Olympus Stylus 850 SW. They turn out ok, and in the perfect situation you can get some nicer shots, but the Cannon takes much higher res pics. I am interested in hearing everyones else's ideas on photography as well.

alien
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:08 am

Skull,
I say...if you like it, jump in after doing a lil research. good luck!
alien
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:13 am

do you have any advice in regards to cleaner shrimps?
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:14 am

RedSkull,
I am sorry I do not have any experience with cleaner shrimp. Are they salt water shrimp? Sorry man.
alien
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 am

indeed, cleaners are saltwater, i got one way back and she does great in my hex, in the end i plan on my hex holding nothing but green brittles and cleaner shrimp...
i have a 45gallon freshwater tank i have been cycling with some random baby mollies i got from charrio, meant it to house an freshwater morray (was gonna turn it brackish), but it appears that eel doesnt want to eat, so i may turn it into a neon tetra tank, would shrimp get along with them? or would the conditions they need conflict?
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 am

Red,
A neon tetra (or Amazon) tank would be perfect for Caridina shrimp. You may want to try Crystal red or blacks, goldens or even tiger shrimp. Only problem is that Characins are voracious predators. My suggestion is this...If you want to go this route, cycle the tank well, get it loaded with biofilm and heavily plant it. Start the shrimp colony and let it get settled...then add in the neons later. In a heavily planted tank you MAY be able to get away with it. It general I DO NOT recommend fish and dwarf shrimp together with the exception of oto's. It is hard to convince yourself of keeping a "shrimp only" tank, but when you feed a tank with 100+ shrimp and look like a massive writhing mass it is totally worth it. Good Luck!
alien
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:28 pm

thanks for the input, i have tossed in some plants, but i will add more and continue the cycling...

im a whore for inverts, so this "writhing mass" sounds pretty cool in the chambers of my minds...

Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Urquan-simplegif
Back to top Go down
ENBG

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:46 pm

I agree Redskull, inverts are super badarse and i think that a tank seething with shrimp and cool plants would be a sight to see
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:22 am

Well since it is 3 AM and I just got home from a an 18 hr work day and I do not feel like finding the best "writhing mass" picture amongst my many, many...I will just post the first decent one I found. Pretty cool.
Enjoy!
alien
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Resize10
Back to top Go down
Eyeballer

Eyeballer

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:54 am

Sweet. Want some bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.valleyeyecare.com
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:52 pm

damn Shocked ...
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: New Baby Pics   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:48 am

Update
I took these pics on Feb 8 shortly after their birth. They are growing fast and seem to be doing very well. I will get some newer shots of them when I get some free time. Until then check out these fresh baby pics...2 BKK/Panda and one Wine Red
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Panda_10
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Panda_11
Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Wine_r12
Enjoy
alien
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:55 am

ALRIGHT...That does it i need some more shrimp! do you just dabble in the crystle shrimps? are you in the corvallis area?i would love to see your tanks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:13 am

i so need to get some shrimps...
Back to top Go down
Egbar

PostSubject: Damn nice shrimp!   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 6:37 am

Summit your shrimp are awesome! Thanks for the great pics... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NPTAloha

PostSubject: Sweet Advice!   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:02 am

You must be ORhunterfisher from Aquabid! Your stuff is super nice!

I have a question about breeding shrimp. I'm just doing blue pearl shrimp right now (unsuccessfully because of gross brown colored zoes). This is my first attempt at breeding any invertebrates so I thought I'd start easy/cheap. I started a 130 gallon HEAVILY planted cleaner tank and I want to breed Albino Long fin BN Plecos. I have 10 juvenile plecos (about 1"-1.5") in the 130 gallon tank. I'd like to separate the really blue shrimp from my 10g shrimp tank and breed them in the pleco 130g. Will juvenile or full grown plecos eat Neocardinia? I don't want to sacrifice all my best shrimp.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
NPTAloha

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:05 am

You must be ORhunterfisher from Aquabid! Your stuff is super nice!

I have a question about breeding shrimp. I'm just doing blue pearl shrimp right now (unsuccessfully because of gross brown colored zoes). This is my first attempt at breeding any invertebrates so I thought I'd start easy/cheap. I started a 130 gallon HEAVILY planted cleaner tank and I want to breed Albino Long fin BN Plecos. I have 10 juvenile plecos (about 1"-1.5") in the 130 gallon tank. I'd like to separate the really blue shrimp from my 10g shrimp tank and breed them in the pleco 130g. Will juvenile or full grown plecos eat Neocardinia? I don't want to sacrifice all my best shrimp.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank   Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Taiwan bee shrimp- My Taiwan bee tank
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next