Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Limited Availability

Go down 
+4
Eyeballer
theRedSkull
badxgillen
fishfanatic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

Limited Availability Empty
PostSubject: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:46 am

So I will probably not be on or around much for awhile. As some of you know the last 6 months has been a trying time for me. I was in the ICU for pneumonia then my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. She had a lung removed that took three surgeries and now it looks like we didn't catch it in time. Her doctors have given her about 6 months left. I will be devoting my spare time to her and her care. I may find it necessary at some point to have some of my little fishy friends fostered so that I don't lose them all. I hope I can find the help from my friends on here if need be. I will still check in once in awhile as I am used to seeing several of you in person from time to time and I don't see that happening for awhile.

Thank you, please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Rachelle
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestmri.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:20 pm

i am usualy so full of words but this is a subject i am so familiar with that it only fills me with silence. No .i will be more than happy to devote some tank space for some of your aquatics.i am on the forum pretty frequently so just PM me about what you need housed and i will see what i can do.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:15 pm

im so sorry, i too will do what i can, be it setting aside a tank or whatnot, but i dont have as much tank space as badx, but i can usually help somehow...
Back to top Go down
Eyeballer

Eyeballer

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:31 pm

My thoughts are with you Rachelle. I have a 29 g freshwater that I could dedicate entirely to your fish. Just let me know how I can help.

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.valleyeyecare.com
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 pm

SO Sorry fishfanatic! We will keep your family with us. Good luck and may you find the strength in these trying times. Let me know if I can help at all.
alien
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:07 pm

i'm with everyone else... not much else I can say but that you and your family will be in my thoughts. And bert would be a really good foster parent for your fish Smile
Back to top Go down
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

PostSubject: So many thank yous   Limited Availability EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:17 am

I truly appreciate all the well wishes. We just spent another weekend in the hospital. Really don't know how things will go from here on out, thought we had lost her but now she seems to be bouncing back. I have no unrealistic hopes though. So I do have several "friends" that I am not taking good care of right now, that I probably should find temp homes for. All my shrimp are already taken care of, I plan on taking saltwater life to BadX so that leaves a few still.

3 bettas - 1 female and 2 male, fins not looking so hot. Could use some TLC.

5 platy currently in a fish bowl

Two blind cave tetra, 1 xray tetra, several cories maybe some kuhli loaches, 3 swordtails all in a 20

6 rainbows, 2 big cory looking fish, 1 upside down catfish, red tail shark, 1 approx 6 inch catfish, 1 maybe 8 inch bicher. Housed in a 30.

OK now for the pain in the ass fish I mean monster fish:

2 huge plecos in 15-18 inch range

1 Tinfoil barb

1 beautiful leopard marked fish

and an oscar (i think).

Looking for temporary housing but possible willing to sell or trade some. Just feel bad that I can't take good care of them right now and hate to see them suffer. When I was hospitalized I lost half my stock - was very sad, don't want to see these die as well. They don't have to all to one home, just let me know if you can foster any of them.

Thank You.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:47 pm

whenever you want to drop your salt by i can find some temp homes for them...i could house your platys and a couple bettas.i will look around and see if there is any more space..
Back to top Go down
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:03 am

At 9:23 am Saturday morning March 3rd I lost my mother/best friend/ parenting partner. I held her hand as she took her last breath. I am not taking it very well at all, never imagined I could hurt this bad...
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:12 pm

Oh man i am soooo sorry. I am lucky to still have my mom, and we are very close. I cannot imagine your pain. It will get better, just use the strength she gave you. It is good you got to be with her. Cherish her memories and honor her life. I am a tattoo freak so i know i will have a large memorial tattoo for someone so special. Again sorry for your loss, we are thinking about you
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:58 pm

My sincere and deep apologies go to you for your loss.i can relate to these times of gloom and the state of the sorrowfull mind.Time is the healer and the waves of pain will eventualy subside only to become better memories washing ashore.......this i can asure you.
Back to top Go down
Reefman

Reefman

PostSubject: Condolance   Limited Availability EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Fishfanatic, you have my deepest sympathy. I know how I felt when I lost one of my Brothers who was also my best friend. The pain never really goes away, but if you keep her in your heart which I know you will then she will allways be there to guide and comfort you. Be strong and take care of yourself I think thats what your Mother would want you to do. Remember she is up there watching you. Sorry for your lose. Marty-D.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 am

i am sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limited Availability   Limited Availability Empty

Back to top Go down

Limited Availability
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Community :: Community Discussions-
Jump to: