Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! Empty
PostSubject: My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS!   My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:26 pm

I only have about 24 marine fish that are mine personally. Most I have had for about 5 years. My school of blue-green chromis breed all the time. Also in the tank that breeds on a continual basis are my banggai cardinals and orange striped cardinals (which I have yet to raise). Also I have seen spawn, are my blue bar gobies. I don't think either chromis or blue bar gobies have yet to be bred in captivity (maybe chromis...not sure).

Here are some photos: Some of the eggmass, which is approx. 6 x 12inches. Some of the male tending the eggs and eating ones that failed to develop. Also, a zoomed in photo showing their developing eyes!

My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! DSCF1180
My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! DSCF1181
My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! DSCF1183
My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! DSCF1184
My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! DSCF1186
My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! ChromisEggsZoom
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS!   My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

that is way cool.so are you in the works to get these grown into little fishes?any way to raise them up in a floating plankton type enviroment.and are you going to be breeding any bangais in the near future?
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS!   My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:22 am

thats really cool...
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS!   My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:26 am

badxgillen wrote:
that is way cool.so are you in the works to get these grown into little fishes?any way to raise them up in a floating plankton type enviroment.and are you going to be breeding any bangais in the near future?

Banggais are going at it now. I dont have plans for the chromis, at least for this batch. It takes a good amount of healthy phyto and rotiers to even attempt (dont think it had been done, or at least well documented). Unfortunately they arent like clowns or other damsels that have a week+ before egg release...these are 2-3 days so they are TINY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS!   My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:06 am

well i am sure you will document any breeding attempts with the chromis and if you have bangai luck keep me in mind. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS!   My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Breeding Blue-Green Chromis! PICS!
Page 1 of 1