An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

preping up some base rock...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

PostSubject: preping up some base rock...   Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:06 am

so i have filled up all the previous rocks that i had drilled in my tanks so its time to do up some more.this is a sweet thing to do with a good masonry bit and a drill you dont care will die on you from constant drilling of rock.first i grab some of my base rock from the rock bins.[img][/img]
then grab the apropriate sized masonry bit from a hardware store and make sure it is the proper diameter for the plugs you are using.
[img][/img]
and then drill away.remeber to place a couple empty plugs in the first drilled slots to judge the distance from one hole to the next.and dont forget to stop frwquently as the bit and drill will heat up to a disturbing temperature from friction.
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BuckNasty

PostSubject: Re: preping up some base rock...   Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:15 am

looks pretty good done that way.can you take out rocks that are wet and drill those?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: preping up some base rock...   Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:29 am

i dont see why not.but i would presume that the duration out of water may cause a slight die of of some organisms.you could keep it in a tub or bucket of salt water with as much submerged as possible.i have yet to try wet though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: preping up some base rock...   

Back to top Go down

preping up some base rock...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1