Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ghetto Kessel mount

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Ghetto Kessel mount Empty
PostSubject: Ghetto Kessel mount   Ghetto Kessel mount EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:37 am

so i have been unsatisfied with the mounting hardware available and provided with the kessel.you can in theory just hang it from the hooks that they give to you on some chain but it wasnt going to work the way i wanted it to.so i go tan idea.i looked around the local thrift stores and found myself an old school bending neck lamp.i dismanteled it and kep the neck to mount the kessel on.along the wawy i found a few hangups but using my ghetto skills worked around everything.so first off i got some old trim i dont use and cut off a piece.[img]Ghetto Kessel mount Diy_ke10[/img]
i had to cut out a hole for the cord then pre drill a couple of holes for the mounting screws.
[img]Ghetto Kessel mount Diy_ke11[/img]
[img]Ghetto Kessel mount Diy_ke12[/img]
here you can see the little dremel work.i need this piece of woodl to attach to the bendy neck as the screws on the kessels top do not line up with that of the neck.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Ghetto Kessel mount   Ghetto Kessel mount EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:40 am

now i have mounted the light to the trim.[img]Ghetto Kessel mount Diy_ke13[/img]
and then it was a matter of aligning a screw or two and there we go.
[img]Ghetto Kessel mount Diy_ke14[/img]
now this is a kessel mount that is functional.
Atenion to the spotlight please. Cool
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Ghetto Kessel mount   Ghetto Kessel mount EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:06 am

nice, it worked out rather well too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghetto Kessel mount   Ghetto Kessel mount Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghetto Kessel mount
Page 1 of 1