An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

some native cold water fishes..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

PostSubject: some native cold water fishes..   Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:51 am

got to go fishing and brought back some fish.and to my suprise many made the hour long trip from fern ridge.i got some mud catfish,sculpins,and a couple of sunfishes.Way Cool! i plan on building a trough that is linked to my in ground pond as to keep the temperature low and have a decent pump pushing the trough as to keep the oxygen high as well.check these guys out.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: some native cold water fishes..   Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 am

had a round of ich show up in this stock pond wich has ravaged these poor guys.i am sure the ich came in from the gold fish i had in this stock pond before these guys.i had thought that a salt bath and copper dose prior to putting these guys in would suffice wich i am sure it did.the plants that had been in before i believe had the protozoans still within them as i had to take the plants out to comense treatment.i left the plants in buckets for a week then returned them and i am sure this was tooo hasty.too top it off the fishes are responding rather negative to the traditional medications i am using.formalin and salt.i have already lost my sunfish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

some native cold water fishes..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1