Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Oregon Aquarium

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

The Oregon Aquarium Empty
PostSubject: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 pm

I have been talking with a friend about the new Oregon Aquarium, that is opening up in milwaukie at the end of the year,and thought i might mention it here as i have not heard much about it even though its going to be BIG.from my understanding there are going to be a massive shark tank as well as some impresive touch tide pools.from my understanding there will be more than just fishes and inverts there will be a few other vertabrates as well as some exotic reptiles.here is the link to there page
http://oregonaquarium.org/
the limid time deal is a good one too $25 bucks for a season pass.I am already scheming ways to go and people i would want to go with Laughing
Back to top Go down
reefmadness

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 am

Good chance that Sue, or I, or both of us would go to this with you. We got vehicles too.

Tell me more about this next time I see you.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 am

Ill give you the VIP behind the scenes tour!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:29 am

December Road Trip! Cool
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:55 am

behind the scenes is one of the things i have always wanted to see.it seems like it would be equaly interesting as the exhibit itself.when i go to some one elses house to see there tank and talk coral i am always scoping out there setup.sometimes the tank inhabitants steal alot of my attention but i am always interested in whats under the hood so to speak.what makes these closed systems tick?there are so many ways to do this that it seems there is no entirely wrong way if one puts some research into the animals and equipment just varying degrees of success.in some peoples tanks certain animals only survive while in others they thrive.i am sure that the Oregon Aquarium will be sure to make there animals thrive over survive and that makes me want to see the guts of the operation even more.from what i have heard there are some behemoth filteration units as well as massive import of salt water wich already has my attention not to mention some pretty nice fishes coming sharks,angels,rays, and mad echinoderms Shocked thats what my sources say...
I know a man on the inside Cool
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:00 am

Got some fish in today.

Lookdowns:
The Oregon Aquarium IMAG1001

Baby hammerheads!
The Oregon Aquarium IMAG1003

Also got some southern stingrays about 20 inches in diameter and some rainbow runners.
More photos to come after they acclimate a bit
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:46 am

WOW Very Happy cute baby hammer head.what is he like 8 inches or something like that?and those look downs are something i have always wanted to see a school of but have never had the opportunity to.that will change in the near future i am sure.how big are these quarintines and is there anything special equiped or dosed in those QT tanks?
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:21 pm

i would so like to go, the place looks and sounds epic...
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 am

Some new pics

Here we got some acrylic, just a few thousand dollars worth...the thick sheets are 2 inches thick.
The Oregon Aquarium IMAG1020

Here is Shane cutting them to spec...I dont envy that job
The Oregon Aquarium IMAG1022

Here we are caulking out the silicone...silicone 795..the good stuff. Took 24 tubes per window! This isnt a cheap project!
The Oregon Aquarium IMAG1023

Here we are placing the panel. Only get one shot at this!
The Oregon Aquarium IMAG1024
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 am

now thats some acrylic sheeting!24 tubes!Madness.that man made ledge looks pretty nice too the way it will suround that sheet of acrylic in the bottom pic.it will look like a nice under sea portal.i always thought that there would be a table saw or band saw to cut the acrylic but i suppose what ever gets the job done.
Back to top Go down
Hamstern

Hamstern

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:08 am

Wow looks real expensive... and those acrylic sheets look huge! How big are they? Gotta see if I can go once its done afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oregon Aquarium   The Oregon Aquarium Empty

Back to top Go down

The Oregon Aquarium
Page 1 of 1