Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

help! My acans are not happy :(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shutterfish

shutterfish

help!  My acans are not happy :( Empty
PostSubject: help! My acans are not happy :(   help!  My acans are not happy :( EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:01 am

I just spent WAY TOO MUCH money on acans this past weekend that were pretty fresh from australia (like three days or so). They looked phenomenal at the store. The picture attached is from their first day in my brightest tank. After two days I moved them to a lower light tank but the area they are in is fairly low flow.. They are STILL pissed. I do not want to lose these. What do I need to do? try and feed them? Higher light lower light? Higher flow lower flow? I cannot let these die... maybe this is the normal break in period but it has been 5 days and they still look similar to the pic attached...

help!  My acans are not happy :( Image_zps606cceaf
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

PostSubject: Re: help! My acans are not happy :(   help!  My acans are not happy :( EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:02 am

and no, that's not color enhancement... these things are the bomb... help me save them!
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: help! My acans are not happy :(   help!  My acans are not happy :( EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:17 pm

i presume you dipped them? also generaly speaking acans hate high light and high flow so if the tank they are in is high on either of those try and reduce them.I wouldnt try feeding it unless it exposes its polyps to take in food.have you observed them after the lights go off?have you tried to run just tubes instead of halide/LEDs to see if its flesh will expand?if it does then it needs less lighting.its best to under do it with the LPS as they will bleach/burn without some form of light acclimation.not saying this is the case I am just saying it is a problem i have delt with a few times before.also the edges to the left look like they were either stung at some point or have recesion of tissue due to cutting and being in a not so optimal enviroment as to supress healing.basicaly it might have already had a rough time.did it look open at the sellers?
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

PostSubject: Re: help! My acans are not happy :(   help!  My acans are not happy :( EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks for your response. I actually did NOT dip these because they were so expensive and I was afraid to. They looked great in the store. I have looked at them at night and they dont look any better Sad I dont know what to do. I can put them under even less light in a cave but I assume they need something. I may just not just them and let it ride but maybe a melafix did could possibly help them if there is tissue damage? I dunno... I'll check them out at lunch today and see if they have improved at all
Back to top Go down
Tinsle

Tinsle

PostSubject: Re: help! My acans are not happy :(   help!  My acans are not happy :( EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:38 am

Well thats too bad.I have had some ausie acans before and when they go down hill they just really go down, although I have seen my fair share of corals make a unexpected rebound so don't throw in the towel yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help! My acans are not happy :(   help!  My acans are not happy :( Empty

Back to top Go down

help! My acans are not happy :(
Page 1 of 1