Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

so explain this...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shutterfish

shutterfish

so explain this... Empty
PostSubject: so explain this...   so explain this... EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:54 pm

my friggin' scopas tang in my 46g tank was not eating my massive hair algae bloom. So I got that lawnmower blenny finally and he's eating like a champ. And as he eats he rips out chunks of hair algae that go floating around the tank and my tang slurps those up like candy. WTF! He will not graze on it- i have never seen him go for the growing algae. But he freely eats the stuff floating in the water column. I am psyched for that since less will get a chance to reroot, but still, whats up with this? Is this typical tang behavior? Is this guy just too lazy to graze? (btw, love my scopas tang, he just needs to graze more Wink DO YOUR JOB! Smile )
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

so explain this... Empty
PostSubject: Re: so explain this...   so explain this... EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 am

not typical behaviour from my experience.usualy they are all about picking off the rocks.at least he is getting a taste for it and may end up hitting the rocks up at some point.between the blenny and the tang maybe your problems are solved.
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

so explain this... Empty
PostSubject: Re: so explain this...   so explain this... EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:59 am

i hope so! Yeah i find it weird the tang wasnt eating the algae all along... but maybe he will develop a liking for it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

so explain this... Empty
PostSubject: Re: so explain this...   so explain this... Empty

Back to top Go down

so explain this...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Community :: Community Discussions-
Jump to: