Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CORAL BEACHING!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

CORAL BEACHING!!! Empty
PostSubject: CORAL BEACHING!!!   CORAL BEACHING!!! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Well i dont usualy post up my problems as we all know we have our share but i figured here at least somebody might relate to the devastation and sadness of losing a tank,or at least livestock.seeing as all day the people at my work as well as my family dont seem to see the situation the same ,it may be apropriate for me to vent a little here.I am a person who loves his corals more than almost anything,much more than my fish or other inverts and when i tell these people they dont seem to see the reason it brings tears to my eyes.this morning i come down stairs to find that there is water on my floor and the tank that i keep all my best SPS in drained half down,corals beached!Panicking turn the power bar off to stop the return pump from frying and to not get electrocuted then begin to fill a bucket while also trying to drain water form the top tank back to the bottom in hopes that it wasnt too late to save some.well it is too late.so many dead and dying and each one has a story to how i aquired it not to mention the year/years i put into these colonies it makes me sick typing this actualy.every coral i grew from a small inch or less frag, due to there being no good coral stores here and me being financialy burdened, some of wich i traveld to washington,montana,and all sortsa spots throughout oregon just to try and persuade some one to trade me these prize corals.It seems that the power went out during the only 5 hours i sleep so the siphon broke wich shouldnt be a problem as i have a aqua lifter but it seems that that must have fried out during my slumber as well ,as i saw it working at midnight prior to bed,so it seems it was more than one error that i coudnt fix as i was sleeping.UUUUGGGHHH....THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!
I LOST MY cali tort,rose mili, ORA reen birds nest, Plum crazy acro,christmas favia,leptastrea,Yellow Turbinaria,super man monti, and not to mention my orange branching cyphastrea that i have never seen before ar afte a trans shipment from up scales a couple years back. I still want to wake up.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

CORAL BEACHING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CORAL BEACHING!!!   CORAL BEACHING!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 pm

so it seems that some people understand the sorrow of losing valuable corals and have offered some help in rebuilding some of my lost stock.also I am looking at one of my favorite corals and i see a small amount of color at the base and maybe two or three polyps so in theory it is not dead and can return to its former glory in a couple years so all in all ithis could have been alot worse...i mean hey it didnt burn out my return pump right Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tinsle

Tinsle

CORAL BEACHING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CORAL BEACHING!!!   CORAL BEACHING!!! EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:43 am

Yeah I have had corals die entirely back until just one little mouth would be showing and then after several months the mouth had made new tissue and proceeded to make new heads after that.This was LPS but my point is don't give up on those corals, until its all algae covered.In fact try using a all blue LED to assist in finding living polyps,you never know.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

CORAL BEACHING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CORAL BEACHING!!!   CORAL BEACHING!!! EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 pm

it just occured to me that i have not taken a posted/taken a pic of the recooping corals.unfortunatly i am off to work but maybe later.and some of the acros that got lost are not responsive to actinic but i will see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CORAL BEACHING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CORAL BEACHING!!!   CORAL BEACHING!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

CORAL BEACHING!!!
Page 1 of 1