An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Algae Lamps convert CO2 and create light

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

PostSubject: Algae Lamps convert CO2 and create light   Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:03 am

just as the title says it seems that some crafty scientists have come up with a way to get the most out of our algae.Check this out its pretty amazing. http://www.treehugger.com/urban-design/microalgae-lamp-absorbs-150-200-times-more-co2-tree-video.html http://www.treehugger.com/interior-design/amazing-lamp-powered-by-algae-water-and-your-breath.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tinsle

PostSubject: Re: Algae Lamps convert CO2 and create light   Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:21 pm

No that is impressive. I wonder if you can make them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Algae Lamps convert CO2 and create light   Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 am

That would be pretty sweet to have a bunch of glowing green cylinders that produce fresh air.I would put one in every room,maybe even two ,then it would look like alien fuel cells are strewn about alien ...wich wouldnt be too far from the truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hamstern

PostSubject: Re: Algae Lamps convert CO2 and create light   Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 pm

Awesome. I would have a wall covered in these if i could.........it's amazing what people come up with these days. Did not think algea can be used for power ether. Interesting.

afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Algae Lamps convert CO2 and create light   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:22 am

if each one converts as much CO2 as it says it does you would have to figure on a way of getting fresh CO2 layden air to the units or they might start dimming down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Algae Lamps convert CO2 and create light   Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:45 pm

It is really vague as there is not much information on the lamp itself.I would presume that you would have to remove gas and plant mass as it grew since it is just a plant after all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Algae Lamps convert CO2 and create light   Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:45 pm

If you read past the bottom of the article you can see many replies about the possible conversions taking place but your right in the fact that there are alot of questions Vs answers wich makes this article kinda cloudy,if I see more info I will post it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Algae Lamps convert CO2 and create light   

Back to top Go down

Algae Lamps convert CO2 and create light
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1