Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spiny Eel hiding in filter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Charrio

Charrio

Spiny Eel hiding in filter Empty
PostSubject: Spiny Eel hiding in filter   Spiny Eel hiding in filter EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:39 am

Lost my Spiny Eel for a few days and thought he was under the gravel for the longest time. He had apparently decided to swim up the BioWheel and into the filter media area. He looks fine just weird he would go and hide out in there. I think the water level was a bit high in the tank giving him access. Anyone have fish that have hid out in the back filter box before?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Spiny Eel hiding in filter   Spiny Eel hiding in filter EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 4:36 pm

One time I saw a small cichlid that had some how went up and into a HOT Magnum filter wich is amazing it was alive.It must have been in there for a while after bypassing the impeller.I have also had khuli loaches get underneath undergravel filter plates.
Back to top Go down
Hamstern

Hamstern

PostSubject: Re: Spiny Eel hiding in filter   Spiny Eel hiding in filter EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Well I have had a similar incident happen to me. In my two salt water tanks one of my snails had some genius idea to slide it's way to the PVC piping leading to my lower salt tank, being a sump. Not enough water passed through the PVC pipe causing the top tank to overflow.....those snails......

afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
Charrio

Charrio

PostSubject: Re: Spiny Eel hiding in filter   Spiny Eel hiding in filter EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 7:35 pm

badxgillen wrote:
One time I saw a small cichlid that had some how went up and into a HOT Magnum filter wich is amazing it was alive.It must have been in there for a while after bypassing the impeller.I have also had khuli loaches get underneath undergravel filter plates.

I didn't know Khuli loaches burrowed or did they go in through the air tubes?
Back to top Go down
Charrio

Charrio

PostSubject: Re: Spiny Eel hiding in filter   Spiny Eel hiding in filter EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Hamstern wrote:
Well I have had a similar incident happen to me. In my two salt water tanks one of my snails had some genius idea to slide it's way to the PVC piping leading to my lower salt tank, being a sump. Not enough water passed through the PVC pipe causing the top tank to overflow.....those snails......

afro afro afro

Those snails get everywhere, I have had snails inside Carbon filters for undergravel filters.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Spiny Eel hiding in filter   Spiny Eel hiding in filter EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Or what about when the baby fish fry get in the grate of corner filters and you cant get them out to change the filter?
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

PostSubject: Re: Spiny Eel hiding in filter   Spiny Eel hiding in filter EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:05 pm

I have seen khuli loaches burrow under the undergravel filter plates.And I have found a missing crawfish inside a hydor hang on the tank filter.They seem to feel secure in places that are almost too small for them to fit in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spiny Eel hiding in filter   Spiny Eel hiding in filter Empty

Back to top Go down

Spiny Eel hiding in filter
Page 1 of 1