Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Condensation Inside glass Heaters?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Charrio

Charrio

Condensation Inside glass Heaters?  Empty
PostSubject: Condensation Inside glass Heaters?    Condensation Inside glass Heaters?  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:53 am

So basically all my glass submersible heaters have condensation inside the heater glass, is this a bad thing?
If i remember right they have always had some condensation since i have had them.

Do I have to replace them, if so that means most if not all my working heaters. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Condensation Inside glass Heaters?    Condensation Inside glass Heaters?  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Mine have the moisture too.I am also curious as to any bad side effects if any.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Condensation Inside glass Heaters?    Condensation Inside glass Heaters?  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:04 pm

so from my understanding this is a rather common symptom of ,exactly what was stated earlier,condensation on the inside of the heater glass sleeve.Now dont get me wrong if there is some leakage to the heater then it should be replaced but there is nothing you can do as far as remedy the moisture inside the tube.
Back to top Go down
Charrio

Charrio

PostSubject: Reply from Aqueon   Condensation Inside glass Heaters?  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 pm

So I emailed Aqueon about the condensation inside glass heaters, here is the response.

"It can be normal for a unit to have what looks like a little bit of condensation around the top of the unit.
It water appears to be pooling in the BASE of the unit- then we need to replace it."

Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Condensation Inside glass Heaters?    Condensation Inside glass Heaters?  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Well its good to hear, straight from the horses mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Condensation Inside glass Heaters?    Condensation Inside glass Heaters?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Condensation Inside glass Heaters?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Community :: Community Discussions-
Jump to: