An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kribensis fry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jroy2010

PostSubject: Kribensis fry   Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 pm

So my Kribensis just laid eggs in my main tank. I have never had Kribensis breed in any of my tanks, and I am wondering if I should be worried about the filtration system? From what I understand Kribensis are generally really great parents and will go as far as to put the fry in their mouth to protect them. However, are they smart enough to keep them away from the filter, and if not is there anything I can do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Kribensis fry   Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:09 am

Generaly they are pretty good about keeping the fry out of harms way but to minimize the possibility of losing some you can always add an inexpensive sponge pre filter or you can use some poly fiber/filter floss to put over the intake until the fry get large enough to swim well enough on there own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jroy2010

PostSubject: Re: Kribensis fry   Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:59 am

Ok good to know. I will go see if I can find an attachment for my filter at the pet store. Do you by chance know how often I can expect my Kribensis to spawn? I literally just put them in the tank over the weekend, and I am extremely surprised to find eggs so quickly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Kribensis fry   Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:11 am

it depends on if they keep the batch or not and how long they care for them.sometimes just weeks sometimes longer.removing the babies can speed up the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Kribensis fry   Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:13 pm

For the filter you can use some window screen to stop anything from getting in there.Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kribensis fry   

Back to top Go down

Kribensis fry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1