Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

weird white things

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
haggard13

weird white things Empty
PostSubject: weird white things   weird white things EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:18 am

my filtration system(filters and skimmer) is overrun by a weird looking white blob. it resembles a larvae of some kind to me with a protruding "fan" extending from the main body. it seems to attatch itself to a surface and grow. somehow i got rid of them a few months ago, but they are back with a vengance and are over whelming. any ideas? or solutions?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

weird white things Empty
PostSubject: Re: weird white things   weird white things EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:43 am

Hmmm dont suppose you have any pictures?Is it uniform in color,opaque?are they soft or hard?I know there are some sponges that resemble that...A pineapple sponge perhaps.if so harmless.try and snap a pic if you can.
Back to top Go down
haggard13

weird white things Empty
PostSubject: Re: weird white things   weird white things EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:52 am

tryin to figure out how to get it here from my phone.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

weird white things Empty
PostSubject: Re: weird white things   weird white things EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:08 am

i like t recomend photobucket acounts this way you can either link it or copy its image code.then there is this if it helps?
https://bertshouse.forumotion.com/t92-posting-pictures
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

weird white things Empty
PostSubject: Re: weird white things   weird white things EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:10 am

Back to top Go down
haggard13

weird white things Empty
PostSubject: Re: weird white things   weird white things EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:21 am

totally what they are. thanx. i'll use the photobucket link too. sorry, i'm a renob when it comes to computers and pix, lol. more questions and pix to come i'm sure......
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

weird white things Empty
PostSubject: Re: weird white things   weird white things EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:40 am

feel free to ask away as here questions tend to help out every one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weird white things Empty
PostSubject: Re: weird white things   weird white things Empty

Back to top Go down

weird white things
Page 1 of 1