Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model Empty
PostSubject: REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model   REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:02 pm

So it seems that REEFSTAR LEDs has produced a new model that incorporates 3 watt LEDs instead of the usual 1 watt.Now I do like the color rendition of the more numerous 1 watt LEDs but by converting them to 3 watt LEDs it made the unit much more affordable for those who dont want all the bells and whistle as in a remote and programable functions.It has three cords that power a channel each one for the blues,one for the whites,and one for the moon lighting.this allows for the use of external timers.I had to wait for the initial shipment as I was one of the first to get on board for this new unit...I also got a prototype discount.

here it is shipped to my door by my main man Kenny,he makes these.[img]REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model Dscf0411[/img]

Last edited by badxgillen on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model   REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Here you can see the Moon lights are way bright.These are not dimmable but are on there own cord so they can be placed on a timer so you can have total darkness later in the night.
[img]REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model Dscf0412[/img]

Last edited by badxgillen on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firegouramiman11

firegouramiman11

PostSubject: Re: REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model   REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Wow those rare bright I'm jealous I want to do led lights on my next tank though
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model   REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:13 pm

here you can see its pretty sleek and is not really all that large.It is a little heavier than my other unit but I presume it is from the heat sink inside.You cant see it here but there is one red LED among several 10,kelvin LEDs and blues.[img]REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model Dscf0410[/img]

Last edited by badxgillen on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model   REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:31 pm

So I am impressed with the power and color produced by this unit.

I mounted it rather high as to get more spread and to defuse the light so I could turn it up more than %50.Most of the people who have gotten these units and similar ones have experienced bleaching due to the excesive high PAR achieved when trying to get the same visual "brightness" of the previous lighting.Thought I would start out %40 much higher and go from there.

Now for this picture you will have to excuse the messy tank as this is just a trial run on one of my frag holding tanks.This one in particular is temporarily running a reactor on the left side hence the cluter of pump,tube,and cord.So all that aside you can see that there is almost enough spread, at the hieght I have it roughly 16inches ,to cover the 36 inch 40 gallon breeder.[img]REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model Dscf0910[/img][img]REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model Dscf0911[/img]

Last edited by badxgillen on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model   REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:20 am

grrrrr I didnt know that moving photobucket pics would cause this no image crap.sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model   REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model Empty

Back to top Go down

REEF STAR LEDs 55 * 3 Watt Eco Model
Page 1 of 1