Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frogbit in my planted aquarium.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jroy2010

Frogbit in my planted aquarium. Empty
PostSubject: Frogbit in my planted aquarium.   Frogbit in my planted aquarium. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:09 am

Just wondering if anyone has any experience. I am thinking about buying some to put in my hex tank. It's really tall and the top half of my tank doesn't have much going on, plus I think it will help decrease algae growth. I dont want to take light away from the bottom plants though...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Frogbit in my planted aquarium.   Frogbit in my planted aquarium. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:43 am

Its pretty cool stuff,and it will absorb some nutrients but at the same time it will shade some parts of the aquarium.you can simply harvest some if it gets to overgrown or you can simply put low light plants underneath the sheet of little leaves.Also usualy water turbulance slows down its growth so that can be used to control it if it gets a little out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Jroy2010

PostSubject: Re: Frogbit in my planted aquarium.   Frogbit in my planted aquarium. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 12:04 pm

ok. Thanks man! I am bidding on a nice little chunk of it. I think it will make my hatchet fish happier too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frogbit in my planted aquarium.   Frogbit in my planted aquarium. Empty

Back to top Go down

Frogbit in my planted aquarium.
Page 1 of 1