Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ZOA and PALY Pics

Go down 
+2
badguitarist
Hamstern
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:50 am

I know there are a few threads with zoanthids in them but I wanted to start one that could serve more as a visual referance to the lighting used in the photographs of certain zoanthid types.Over time I am hoping to have a number of pics under flash as well as actinic. Most sites as well as coral sellers will utilize much blue light to make the coral look more appealing.

Check these guys out under regular lighting 10,000 Kelvin
[img]ZOA and PALY Pics Necros10[/img]
and then under actinic only
[img]ZOA and PALY Pics Necros11[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:29 am

so on the last ones I believe are called reverse gorilla nipples monkey I know I know confused Any how these are the Passion Orange Guava ,also known as POGs...Kinda like the AOGs Suspect
[img]ZOA and PALY Pics 00810[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:32 am

And here we have the Emerald Sunrise Paly.I like this one,you can see it has large polyps and a long skirt when extended.
[img]ZOA and PALY Pics 01210[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:36 am

On the sunrises you can see the egg crate in the background to give you an idea on how big they are.These next ones are the Red man Eyes or better known as Red Eyed Green Bay Packers,again I don't make all this up myself.these bad boys are under heavy blue light but I assure you the eye is rather red in coloration and the reen stands out.
[img]ZOA and PALY Pics 00610[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:40 am

Eagle Eye Zoanthids right here.ZOA and PALY Pics <a href=ZOA and PALY Pics Karens13" />
Hows that for a mug shot.
Back to top Go down
Hamstern

Hamstern

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Looks like you got a nice Zoa collection going on there....I agree with how strange zoa names can be....
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:58 am

I believe you still have a type I do not have so if any of these interest you let me know,I do like a good trade bounce
Back to top Go down
Hamstern

Hamstern

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:43 am

Oh i'm sure you got something a want....
Back to top Go down
badguitarist

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Robert,
The pics look real nice, especially the last two. I am notoriously bad at coral pictures...what camera are you using and do you have any advice for good pics?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Hmm the camera is a 16 mega pixel HD fuji film digital camera.Not low end but not high end by any means.I do take more pictures than I need and pick the better looking one of the batch. Basicaly you have to mess with your camera and get the feel for it.Most have many options to choose from and this one has a few such as a close up setting similar to macro. the pictures here are all completely untouched,but the camera does have white balance that can make a picture taken under LEDs look like it should. It also has a number of built in functions such as the ability to crop a pic before it even leaves the camera.I have been utilizing the video feature recently and it is pretty decent so far.I guess what I am saying is I am still learning photography as well.

Other tips I may have is to get something that works as a visor to deflect relfective surface lighting particularly when taking overhead pictures.

When taking overhead pictures utilize the wrist strap as one never plans on dropping a camera in salt water but it can happen.It has not happened to me yet...thanks to the strap.

Some times a bad pictures fix is something as simple as the angle you are trying to take the picture at so take a few from slight variants of position even just tilting your hand barely,lights refraction a funny thing.

Like I said earlier cameras have a few setting so I try out the auto setting first then I go to macro.When in the auto setting if you cant get the focus you are wanting you can put a ruler or pencil next ti the target and it should auto focus in the pencil.Make sure the pencil is at the depth of what you are aiming to get a shot of and it should work.Simply crop the unwanted object out.I have had to use this method with REALLY small things like larvae and fry.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:52 am

[img]ZOA and PALY Pics Summer10[/img]
Tyree Blue Eyed Girls
Back to top Go down
badguitarist

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 1:43 am

Thanks for the advice! glad to know I'm not the only one whos still learning. yea it seems I take a whole lot of pictures just to get one or two good ones...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Good old Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoanthids
[img]ZOA and PALY Pics 4th_2010[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:33 am

Found these gems at the AH and traded for em.They looked like brown doodoo when I first got em. I wanted because they had a fat skirt on them and I could see a faint green mouth,I did not have them either so I figured what the hey. Now look at em!

ZOA and PALY Pics Dscf7210
AH Purple People Eaters.

Last edited by badxgillen on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 2:11 am

Hmmm  looks like I will have to fix that last one. here we have some red pZOA and PALY Pics <a href=ZOA and PALY Pics Dscf6010" />eople eaters.kinda a bad pic but you get the idea,nice skirt and bright green mouths Smile
Back to top Go down
bremners87

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:50 am

Zoa's are kick ass bro! Love the POG... Gotta get some colors like these in my tank...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:47 am

I will get you hooked up with some nice color my man Twisted Evil Just wait till you see some of my new arrivals.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:12 pm

ZOA and PALY Pics Zoasgreenredmaneyes_zps7b9b1298
red man eyes now known as green bays packers.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:06 pm

ZOA and PALY Pics DSCF5631_zps1b06df21-1
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Nice pics!   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 11:37 pm

That's a really good picture,do you know the name of those zoas?
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Nice pics!   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 11:39 pm

Here's some desert camo looking palys I don't know the name of:

[img]ZOA and PALY Pics 1010[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 12:33 am

Not too sure on that one...Yet. I am working on a comprehensive zoa\paly picture reference. Then we shall see about some more possible ID verification.
Back to top Go down
Tinsle

Tinsle

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:44 am

Some nice zoas and palys going on here.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:53 pm

ID SAY!!!
[img]ZOA and PALY Pics Dscf8710[/img]
Not sure what these guys are either but they are BIG and pretty,gonna be fragging them soon too...
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: I feel pretty....   ZOA and PALY Pics EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 12:34 am

Oh so pretty,I like the fat skirts.

SPECKLED HAWAIIANS:

ZOA and PALY Pics <a href=ZOA and PALY Pics Dscf8218" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ZOA and PALY Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZOA and PALY Pics   ZOA and PALY Pics Empty

Back to top Go down

ZOA and PALY Pics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next