An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Don't touch them bristle worms....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamstern

PostSubject: Don't touch them bristle worms....   Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Just decided to share some of my experiences with everyone here....Just recently I was transporting sand to another tank and afterwards I looked at my hand and there was several small, white bristles...I the realized I picked up a bristleworm sometime earlier. This made me recall that when I was a novice at this hobby I did not know that bristleworms actually detached bristles into your skin and did not know that they stung AFTERWARDS, not immediately. So while I was clearing out bristleworms out of my tank I picked them up with my hands and later that day when I decided to play some video games and rest, my hands were covered in bristles...many of which broke off.....not very painful but a nuisance...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Don't touch them bristle worms....   Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:40 am

Some people develop a nasty rash from bristle worms in addition to the irritation. I have had most off my negative encounters with a bristle worm from the exact same thing,messing around in the sand Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Don't touch them bristle worms....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1