Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter Empty
PostSubject: Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter   Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:57 am

I saw this little nano skimmer when friend of mine asked me to look at a site to see if there was something I needed to be tagged onto the order.I was like no way,this is a Skilter-Skimmer Filter Hybrid. Usualy these things are too good to be true but I looked at some reviews and checked the design and things seemed solid and logical so I decided I would give it a try.I also figured I am pretty good at DIY so at worst I would have to mod it.Here is the product picture and the box pic.pretty snazy Rolling Eyes
[img]Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter Rio_sk10[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter   Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:01 am

This skilter is made for smaller tanks up to 20 gallons and is powered with a mini needle wheel pump.This gets a flow of 100 gallons an hour that is run through an optional filter /carbon cartridge after the skimmers bubble traps.I am contemplating using this area for carbon\purigen but I may just let it ride with a cartridge.Check out this design schematics I found.
[img]Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter Rio_na10[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter   Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:04 am

The venturi that come attached to the needle wheel pump is rigid plastic but you can put on a valve with a small piece of air line to get a more precise control of the air intake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter   Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter Empty

Back to top Go down

Rio Hang On Back Skimmer Filter
Page 1 of 1