Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Montipora Eating Nudibranchs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Montipora Eating Nudibranchs Empty
PostSubject: Montipora Eating Nudibranchs   Montipora Eating Nudibranchs EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:15 am

Be alert in checkin new frags of plating,encrusting, and branching montiporas.
As usual dipping all corals prior to entering the tank is the best course of action but sometimes they slip by the standard dip.
I have noticed that these are not as susceptible to my standard dips of melafix. Fortunately after seeing these guys I utilized a couple other dips and sure enough Revive and Bayer are sure fire killers for these guys. I did also try a flat worm killer but with little success. They were irritated and left the coral after some time but  did not die until hours later time.Montipora Eating Nudibranchs DSCF5226_zpsa24272a0
here you can see the skeleton is intact but the flesh itself is all stripped from the bone.

Last edited by badxgillen on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Montipora Eating Nudibranchs   Montipora Eating Nudibranchs EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:16 am

here they are in a close up,crazy cool looking but not so cool to have with your coral.
Montipora Eating Nudibranchs DSCF5255_zps454896a9
Alein looking with the tubes that come off of there backs.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Montipora Eating Nudibranchs   Montipora Eating Nudibranchs EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:19 am

I have noticed that the spingeri damsel keeps these guys down too wich leads me to believe that other nudibranch eating fishes may consume these too,such as wrasses.I cant find any more or else I would see if my coris,sixline,melanarus,or fairy wrasse would like em.
Back to top Go down
badguitarist

PostSubject: Re: Montipora Eating Nudibranchs   Montipora Eating Nudibranchs EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:29 am

Bummer man...Yea I have been using the Bayer treatment for awhile and am really happy with it. What dosage do you use? I have just been using one squirt in a pint of water and have found that to work just fine.

Wrasses and Springer damsels are hands down my favorite fish for pests. I keep at least one in every tub in my greenhouse just to keep any possible pests at bay. I have heard that many pipefish also do a great job, its a shame they arent as easy to keep as damsels and wrasses...
Back to top Go down
Tinsle

Tinsle

PostSubject: Re: Montipora Eating Nudibranchs   Montipora Eating Nudibranchs EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 1:01 am

Bayer and Revive Dips back to back for complete eradication...except the eggs  Mad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Montipora Eating Nudibranchs   Montipora Eating Nudibranchs Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1