Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage   Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:38 am

this picture has a chalice that has touched a pectinia.both have damage but this is the most visible of the two.
[img]Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 Frisep16[/img]
look at that.
[img]Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 Frisep17[/img]
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

PostSubject: Re: Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage   Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:52 pm

Here is a picture of a Pectinia with it's sweeper tentacles out.The neighboring mushroom suffered some damage.
[img]Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 Mom_0110[/img]
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

PostSubject: How to kill a xenia   Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm

[img]Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 Nov14210[/img]
I found this interesting becuase the xenia looks like it is trying to pull away.The hydnophora seems to want to consume it.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage   Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:55 pm

yeah i have seen the xenia pull away from my anemone when it expends.usualy not fasy enough but i can tell that it does.it also creeps from the top of the tank down on the back wall when the water level drops for longer than normal.when the tank is back in proper maintenance they start back up again to the top.this leads me to believe that they can very well become a pest of sorts in some tanks but i will have to further confirm this through marooning more specimens to there designated islands and see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage   Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:03 am

Here they strike again...this one almost looks like a thick smoke.Cool stuff.[img]Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 Dscf5510[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage   Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:39 pm

This picture is one of the Galaxea corals nemotocysts in my hands. So farCoral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 <a href=Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 Dscf2314" /> I have only seen two corals do this to me, one is my platygyra , and the other is this Galaxea coral.

Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 <a href=Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 Dscf2313" />

Here you may be able to see it better under actinics. The little end caps anchored into my skin.
Back to top Go down
Tinsle

Tinsle

PostSubject: Re: Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage   Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:02 am

Both of those corals you mentioned are pretty powerful contenders who both seem to love to fight. It's too bad really as both are beautiful corals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage   Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coral Sweeper Tenticle Damage
Page 1 of 1