Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate Empty
PostSubject: Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate   Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 1:01 am

First off a basic product summary.The manufacturer says that Frag Crate-Coral Propagation Grid is designed to optimize growing conditions for your propagated corals. It facilitates healthy growth by establishing unobstructed water flow and ease in moving your pieces to accommodate lighting requirements. Algae is less likely to accumulate on the all black structure and is visually appealing while it is securely and conveniently showcasing your coral frags in your aquarium. Frag Crate can easily be cut to any size or shape and combined to assemble into multiple layers or shelves. Non-Toxic and Reef Safe.

Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate Dscf9010

Personally I do like the way the black egg crate does bringout the colors of the color a little more, or maybe it is less detracting from the coral than the white. Either way it is much nicer. Another thing is that this has a larger sized square than some egg crates and that is definitely a welcome feature in my book. There is nothing like having that frag plug that does not fit quite right jammed in only to fall out onto another coral while you are not around

.Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate Dscf9011

I will get some pics of my recent frag rack here soon.

I suppose all in all I have to give this two thumbs up,the only draw back in this is a higher price for the product but as with many things if you can afford it why not.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate   Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 pm

Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate Dscf0310

Not bad, not bad at all. I wish it was not so sotly or I would switch out many of my racks for this instead. Some people say that it is less prone to grow algae on it but the only reason I can think of is it is black and does not reflect light but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate   Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:24 am

If it did cut down on algae growth that would be a major plus as the egg crate does seem to magnet algae amd detritus without good flow. Can you buy it locally or did you order it, I have never seen it for sale in the shops around here.
Back to top Go down
https://bertshouse.forumotion.com
Tinsle

Tinsle

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate   Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:06 am

I don't think you can find it locally, I have looked. I did see it sold at the Premium Aquarium a while back but was much more than the regular white egg crate. As with many things if you get a bead on a good amount at the right price let us know. I could use some smaller pieces for inconspicuous frag racks and overflow grate. Oh and those acros look crowded so you might want to thin em out and throw a couple out to your fellow hobbyist Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate   Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:44 am

The brand name had me all excited.I thought someone was manufacturing clear frag rack.I have a piece of this in my display currently and it definitely holds onto less algae than it's white counterparts.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate   Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 1:02 am

I ordered this chunk of black egg crate but I believe that you can get it at Garrets in Salem, The Premium Aquarium. Like I said it is not cheap but as long as you know what you are making it should not take too much. I am definitely going to be getting some more so if I can find it in a larger sheet for cheaper I will grab one or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate   Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate Empty

Back to top Go down

Crystal Clear Aquatics frag crate or egg crate
Page 1 of 1