Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Auquatic Frog foods?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Auquatic Frog foods? Empty
PostSubject: Auquatic Frog foods?   Auquatic Frog foods? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 3:04 am

i know there are pellets and various live foods to feed your frogs but i was hopeing that someone out there has some unrothadox way about feeding there african dwarf frogs.something you dont have to purchase is what i am hoping.i got daphnia for the guys and i have tried tubifex but i am not to sure if its worth my time breeding them.has anyone tried fruit flies or other live foods that are readily available.i am thinking misquito larva but i dont want the misquitos.[img]Auquatic Frog foods? Sdpics24[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Auquatic Frog foods?   Auquatic Frog foods? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:22 pm

note about the mosquito larvae.if you dont have fish in the tank to finish them off dont bother as they are a floating larvae that the frogs do go after and eat them but it requires some hunting skills that not all the frogs seem to have.i am sure they are great for the little guys but i hate misquitos and ended adding a few tetras to finish off the larvae. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Auquatic Frog foods?   Auquatic Frog foods? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:58 am

i took some wood out from a water trough that i keep around for when i have the need to setup another tank and saw alot of those amphipod looking crustaceans. i managed to get the wood into a bucket and salvage some.i threw some into the frog tank and they went right to em.not enough time to even get a pic.i am wondering if there is a way to harvest these guys.its tought o not get the wood paricles in the tnaks with em.and i only see them in the very bottom of the nasty bin.anyhow tought it was kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Auquatic Frog foods?   Auquatic Frog foods? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 1:36 am

so there is a use for those things...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auquatic Frog foods?   Auquatic Frog foods? Empty

Back to top Go down

Auquatic Frog foods?
Page 1 of 1