Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gold Polyps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kireek

kireek

Gold Polyps Empty
PostSubject: Gold Polyps   Gold Polyps EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:52 pm

You usually can't go wrong with good old Gold Polyps.Yellow is hard to find in the coral color pallet.And these are easy to keep and feed.Although they can be considered invasive,I have found restricted feeding will keep them in check.In addition they can be isolated to a rock.
[img]Gold Polyps Dscf9410[/img]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Gold Polyps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Polyps   Gold Polyps EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:20 pm

I saw these very same polyps listed as lemon zoas, from what I understand they are not zoas but in a class of their own. They are voracious eaters if you feed them but as you mentioned it will really speed up the growth rate.
Back to top Go down
https://bertshouse.forumotion.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

Gold Polyps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Polyps   Gold Polyps EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 12:54 am

Lemon or Gold, they both sound pretty appealing when you say it like that,beats plain yellow. I agree that they look pretty decent when color contrasted by adjacent corals or even the purple coraline algae but I also agree that they are best left to there own rock or outcrop\cliff. I have some in my 55 reef and they can fight with SPS, I keep them trimmed back with some kalkwasser paste, gardening of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gold Polyps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Polyps   Gold Polyps Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Polyps
Page 1 of 1