Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My new acquisitions.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

My new acquisitions. Empty
PostSubject: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:13 am

Shipping Thursday and will be here Friday. Hope I got a good deal - total $94.35 with shipping.

[img]My new acquisitions. Livepl10[/img]
[img]My new acquisitions. Swc13011[/img]
[img]My new acquisitions. Swc13012[/img]
[img]My new acquisitions. Swc13116[/img]
[img]My new acquisitions. Swc13117[/img]
[img]My new acquisitions. Swc13118[/img]
[img]My new acquisitions. Swc13119[/img]
[img]My new acquisitions. Swc13120[/img]
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestmri.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:06 pm

WHOA ..i bet you cant wait.and i cant either because i will also have to wait my turn for when these guys to grow out big enough to frag.i mean you will frag them wont you?please say yes . i dont have a few of these and would like to be on your list of people who might be able to grab a polyp or three.all in good time i know. PLEASE! Laughing
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:03 pm

wait, you got all that for 94.35? sweet, what is the top red stuff with the dime?
Back to top Go down
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:24 pm

marine red grape plant. I've been talking to this company for months and finally decided to get an order from them. I'm a little sceptical about the quality and size since the price was so low but if it turns out to be quality stuff I'll turn you all on to them.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:01 pm

cool...
Back to top Go down
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:14 am

So everything arrived friday morning, post office called at 7am Sad I was extra cautious cause I have never dealt with coral before so i acclimated over an 16-18 hour time period adding 6ml of tank water to the open floating bags every hour for the first 4 or so hours and every 1/2 hour after that. I placed corals in tank and hoped for the best.

1st the damn snails and hermits wont leave the pieces where I want them

Saturday - nothing even looks like anything except for the mushroom, colt coral is super droopy zoas except for the eagle eyes are all closed tight as are star polyps. Marine grapes are a big mess all over the tank and I think the purple bubble gum looking thing is the xenia.

Monday - colt coral perked up, one set of zoas is opening up the other looks like its sinking into its base Sad star polyps opened, mushroom is bigger and floppier marine grapes are still all over the damn place - everywhere but on the stalks they should be on and the purple xenia still looks like bubble gum.

Don't know if what happened is shipping or my fault, but still holding out hope that all or at least most will perk up all the way.

Any advice is totally welcome.

Did 20% water change today as well.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:33 pm

sorry to hear that.shipping corals is always stressfull.i have had little luck with xenias.once they start there melt down process its unlikely it will be reversed.all you can do is leav them be and hope for the best.on the other is it a zoanthid.you could create egg crate cages for the corals to protect them from clumsy inverts until they recoop.shiping takes alot out of little frags then they have to reaclimate to your tank.some corals are pretty good about this.where as alot of others have used up all there defenses during fragging and shipping.i presume they were already healed up though.it sounds like another fun game of HURRY UP AND WAIT!ahh the wonderfull world of salt water.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:59 am

wow that sucks, but yeah shipping is my biggest fear... but just play the waiting game i guess...
Back to top Go down
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

PostSubject: Survivors   My new acquisitions. EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:04 am

Lunar eclipse zoa - one of two
[img]My new acquisitions. Imag0010[/img]

Green spotted mushroom
[img]My new acquisitions. Imag0110[/img]

Eagle eye zoa
[img]My new acquisitions. Imag0111[/img]

Green star polyps
[img]My new acquisitions. Imag0112[/img]

Maybe a bonus mushroom?
[img]My new acquisitions. Imag0113[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:02 pm

aww yeah bonus shroom.get that little guy some more light and he will prosper.your zoas are looking pretty good as well.are the lunar eclipses on that shell?if so it will be an easy frag once they grow out.make sure you keep me in mind.and are those star polyps a light and dark green.i have been looking for star polyps other than the types i have.all in all things look like they perked up in your tank.and at least the coral that didnt make it are ones that can be aquired rather easily.i will keep my eyes peeled for some xenia and colts.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:12 am

nice polyps...
that bonus shroom is so cute looking =^.^=...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:49 am

that hermit in the first pic is sweeeet. i need more of those shells.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new acquisitions.   My new acquisitions. Empty

Back to top Go down

My new acquisitions.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Saltwater :: Coral-
Jump to: