Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snail Collector Product Test & Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Snail Collector Product Test & Review Empty
PostSubject: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:52 am

i couldnt pass this thing up.it seems to good to be true and upon getting it it seems really simple but yet plausable.[img]Snail Collector Product Test & Review Ptr_sn10[/img]
some minor assembly required and were are the instructions?all well it isnt to complicted.
[img]Snail Collector Product Test & Review Ptr_sn11[/img]
here it is with the outer houseing assembled.the middle red piece is a convenient way of placeing food in the unit without taking apart the whole thing.inside is a gate of sloped one way bars.
[img]Snail Collector Product Test & Review Ptr_sn12[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:51 am

OMG i saw that and wondered if it really works, i know a person with a serious snail problem, i eagerly await the test results...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:56 am

so i put this in a tank that has a few snails as i dont have alot of snail to begin with.i was hoping that the shrimps would find ther way in.they certainly smelled the food.
[img]Snail Collector Product Test & Review Ptr_sn13[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:57 am

but the next morning there were no invertebrates in the trap only a couple of endlers live bearers.i will try it again in another tank.
[img]Snail Collector Product Test & Review Ptr_sn14[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:28 am

damn, i know someone interested in the results, but honestly if i had to fix his problem i would just scoop snail out, lol...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:43 am

so i decided to give it another whirl this time with some differnt bait...a dead fish.a guppy to be precise and boy did it work much better than the previous baits.
[img]Snail Collector Product Test & Review Ptr_sn15[/img]
and here you cant really see but there are a number of snails inside and thye have all laid egg cases as well in just a short time.guess the protien helps em replicate.
[img]Snail Collector Product Test & Review Ptr_sn16[/img]
i am now going to put this in another tank as is and let the eggs hatch and feed a botia loach.like a fresh water refugium.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:53 am

funny how that works...traps often catch everything they arent supposed to. I had a fish trap once to catch a two spot hogfish out of my reef tank. I have a picture of at least a dozen fish hanging out in the trap at once, by their own free will. Everyone but the hogfish.

also, please tell me those are snack for Light Master and Dirty Darky
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:25 pm

DONT YOU CALL HIM DIRTY!why does everyone favor lighty. Mad ..and that is humerous about the trap as i caught several fishes in this thing.in fact the body i have in here is do to a fish being unintelligent and getting caught in the bars.i was going to remove it but i wondered if i moved it to a differnt tank with differnt snails it might work and boy did it.now to the loach.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:02 am

so the loach somehow slipped through the bars and ate all the snails and the eggs in just the time i left to go to the store.i thought he was stuck so i poped of the lid to get him out underneath the water but he just swam back out the bars again.it seems crazy he can even fit between em he must really squeeze.
Back to top Go down
kireek

kireek

PostSubject: Re: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 pm

I would just like to state for the record -I like Darky better than Lighty.Lighty bites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snail Collector Product Test & Review   Snail Collector Product Test & Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Snail Collector Product Test & Review
Page 1 of 1