Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damsel Washington

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:00 am

yeah thats my damsels name.well at least one of them.i was thinking at one point that i would collect all of them but thats just not happening once i found out how many there were and how unhospitable they can be on other tank mates.so i am thinking instead is to grab a not so common damsel and see how that goes.i dont suppose if anyone here has any cool damsels i should know about?
[img]Damsel Washington Damsel11[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:06 am

damsel washington? LOL. no double dong denzel?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:53 am

not around these parts.and dont you have a damsel as well? you know you still dig the damsels.admit it.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:23 am

damsels are cool fish, but can be a bit mean if allowed to be.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:01 am

and my four stripe damsels are kinda cool strutin around.they get a blue hue to ther dorsal fins when they are older and well kept..i have one thats like 3 or 4 inches and is a bastard.

[img]Damsel Washington Damsel12[/img]

Last edited by badxgillen on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:18 am

those are cool.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:30 am

actualy they are not that cool.they are lively and like i said sometimes you see a blue hue to them but they are also pretty big and mean.reef safe thought.i am thinking about keeping them and some domino damsels together in a euphylia tank.here is a huge blue damsel.[img]Damsel Washington Damsel13[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:51 am

got this breeding pair of three stripe damsels as adopted fish as they had worn out there welcome at another tank.so here i have them devided until i can work out a big damsel refuge.
[img]Damsel Washington Covs_d10[/img]
i love the cone shell halloweens messing with each other and aparently so does the three stripe.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 am

check out the gerabaldi damsel (spelled wrong i know), and sulphur damsel...they are two cool ones I have seen...but the gerabaldi costs like 30-50$, hardly damsel price
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:28 pm

are they asses too?i got one of the blue velvets and it is real nice.just not sure how other tank mates will hold up to a larger bastard.thats why i want to make a damsel refuge for all those unwanted damsels.then i can free up room for the desireable damsels.no offense to the fish but you all know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:48 pm

They probably are asses. And i have heard jewels or any in the genus plectroglyphidodon can eat sps. And the genus neoglyphidodon (with neon velvet) get butt ugly when they get big
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:21 am

my nieghbor has a velvet and it looked bomb not to long ago and it was about 3 inches.i will have to see if i can cruise over to there house and take a gander at him.if they get poopy then i might kick mine to the curb.
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:17 am

well that is not very cool at all as far as the velvet damsels adult colors.but thank you very much for the info.now i have to decide on getting rid of the little guy or not.so many damsels..
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 2:39 am

got a couple of crappy pics of my three stripes egg mass.its funny as they still breed in a ten gallon tank along with a maroon clown and another fiji blue damsel.
[img]Damsel Washington Three_10[/img]
its hard to see them behind her.
[img]Damsel Washington Three_11[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:46 pm

well it only took a couple days and they are now gone.not like i had the proper foods ready or seperate raising tanks either but it is always a little disapointing when you see eggs you cant save Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damsel Washington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damsel Washington   Damsel Washington Empty

Back to top Go down

Damsel Washington
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Saltwater :: Salt Water Fish-
Jump to: