Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Liquid my nile monitor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Liquid my nile monitor Empty
PostSubject: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:18 am

my baby nile monitor. Liquid
[img]Liquid my nile monitor Gigsti31[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:20 am

hes my boy!
[img]Liquid my nile monitor Gigsti32[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:24 am

now thats a lizard!
Back to top Go down
Eyeballer

Eyeballer

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:38 am

Bad ass! My kids think you're a hero. By the way, that's a seriously nice lizard apartment. Not ghetto at all. You need to throw an old tire floor to G it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.valleyeyecare.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:43 am

HAHAHAHAHA..i laughed out loud when i read that one.i can imagine that setting in a run down third world city as he stalks some small dog or cat through a tattered old patch worked house.but i suppose i never thought of it that way.he doesnt have it too bad.
Back to top Go down
Eyeballer

Eyeballer

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Exactly... I can see that. Imagine the damage he would do to the local feline population.
Back to top Go down
http://www.valleyeyecare.com
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:00 pm

too bad water's dont tame as well as desert monitors.
but he is a serious lizard...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 am

its funny he dwarfs his old recycling bin.i am thinking about making him a little hut but i am not sure about it as he is a pain to get out of places he want to stay in like little caves and bushes.
[img]Liquid my nile monitor Gigsti34[/img]
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:40 am

was messing with liquid today.it was funny as he was being really tame.everything was golden until i started to take the pic and something about the red pre picture light made him think there was food.[img]Liquid my nile monitor Liquid10[/img]
LIQUID AND MY MUG SHOTS.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:15 pm

so just a heads up to you nile monitor owners just be aware that feeding them turkey and eggs will cause a house evacuating putrid smelling stool.i had my heat out for a little while and during that time i had turned on his 250 watt heating lamp, as its a cold winter, to keep him warm.
i recently got my heating fixed and simply forgot to turn off all of my nile monitors lamps as i heated my house Rolling Eyes .well after a week maybe without feeding him he is really hungry and scratching at his door.i open it and see that crazy look in his eyes and close the door.at this point do to the winter and me keeping my rat colonies outside i have let my rat population dwindle down to 1 pair to start next spring off with.so i simply cant feed him those rats and i am a little strapped for cash as its the holidays. Sad so i am thinking what can i feed this lizard asides from the nieghbors cats.i look in the firdge and see hot dogs....no not the hot dogs i tell myself.hmmmmm...there we go some old leftover turkey and a carton of eggs.i wip out a long dinner plate and warm up a nice serving of turkey...i mean i really cover this plate.then i throw a couple raw eggs on top to give it some texture and flavor.he ate it up right quik.but after a day of digestion and then defication in a extremly warm room ninety degrees plus you get the warning i posted in the start of this reply.it almost smelled as if he had died....or at least something rotten. No
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 pm

only in my family could stories like these make sense and not get a second glance, lol...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:34 am

i got to go fishing during a day off and ended up actualy catching some fish.unfortunatly i was only able to reel in two and that was not enough to justify a whoiole dinner do i decided to give my monitor a treat.
[img]Liquid my nile monitor 5-28-110[/img]
at first i threw in the fish not realizing they were a little larger than i had he is used to,about 12"+ "not too big but i didnt want him making a nasty mess.i went in after him but it was too late.there is no way to seperate a monitor from his food...not without some bodily harm at least so i left him be.as soon as he found its head he slurped them down like a seal.i wish i caught that on camera.
[img]Liquid my nile monitor 5-28-111[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:12 am

thats cool, at least they didnt go to waste...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:12 am

well once a year i have to change out my nile monitors caage/room and its that time again.it takes any where from 400 to 500 pounds of sand to cover his area.getting it out is a pain in the butt and figuring out what to do with so much poopy sand is a task in its own considering there are so many cats in my nieghborhood who would love a new litter box.i will probably have to bury the $H!T all 400 Lbs Sad
[img]Liquid my nile monitor Liquid10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Tinsle

Tinsle

PostSubject: Sand Box   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:05 pm

So much sand Shocked I would rather do a tank change any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:17 pm

finaly got the room done.it was a hot day but i waited till the sun wasnt over head and the breeze set in.had to drain down my 150 daphnia stock pond move out all the wood inside move the stock tank as well and procede to shovel out the sand in buckets then dump the buckets underneath where the stock pond was only to return the 150 gallon and refill it when all the sand had been disposed of.
[img]Liquid my nile monitor Liquid11[/img]
here is liquid on my shoulder...or shoulders.usualy when i let him crawl on me i get bloodied up from his clas but the larger grade of silica sand seems to have naturaly filed his nails down quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Tinsle

Tinsle

PostSubject: HOT!?   Liquid my nile monitor EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:10 am

Working up that sweat i see. Smile It must be rather hot in that reptile room.It looks like a desert .
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:44 am

Recently I have noticed a grey patch in my niles right eye,it appears to be getting bigger.It appears that my old nile monitor is getting cataracts.Its kinda sad really. [img]Liquid my nile monitor Dscf0810[/img]
I mean look at him, he needs an ye patch now Razz
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 2:56 am

Well its unfortunate but it seems he is rather blind in the right eye now. At least his smell is still keen as is his other eye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liquid my nile monitor   Liquid my nile monitor Empty

Back to top Go down

Liquid my nile monitor
Page 1 of 1