Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

macroalgae home

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
burningbaal

macroalgae home Empty
PostSubject: macroalgae home   macroalgae home EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:02 am

Hey corvallis-ites!
I am probably going to be buying a quick crew with hermits from reefcleaners.org soon. I think with it, I may buy some macroalgae for my soon-to-be sump/five. Problem is that i want the cuckoo before I will have my sump ready...anyone feel like housing some macro for a month or two? I'd be happy to leave a cutting of anything you want!
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

macroalgae home Empty
PostSubject: Re: macroalgae home   macroalgae home EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:25 am

Sounds like something up roberts (badx) alleys. Between him and I we could probably help you out cleaner crew wise also. What are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
burningbaal

macroalgae home Empty
PostSubject: Re: macroalgae home   macroalgae home EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:56 am

For the cuc, mostly a variety of snails, merited, ceriths, maybe turbos...anything, really and probably a variety of hermits...the one I was looking at was reefclaners.org's quick crew with hermits, maybe the even the 75 gallon one since I'm already growing a bunch of algae. As for macro, chaeto was a minimum but I like the idea of a variety....
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

macroalgae home Empty
PostSubject: Re: macroalgae home   macroalgae home EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:44 am

Oh yeah we can help you. I know robert has many types of caulerpa, chaeto, and halimeda. I cant speak to their availability but i am sure he would work with you. And about the cleaner crew we can definately help. I often bring orders to corvallis. I am there every tuesday. Give me more specifics on how many and what crew you want and we can work on pricing. But its less than half of LFS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
burningbaal

macroalgae home Empty
PostSubject: Re: macroalgae home   macroalgae home EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 am

Honestly, I'd pretty much listen to advice for the cuc, I only have 3 cerith, 3nasserios and about 10 hermits right now assuming they're still all alive (and not just hiding a lot). Oh, and a short spines urchin and two coral banded's and a peppermint shrimp.

Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

macroalgae home Empty
PostSubject: Re: macroalgae home   macroalgae home EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:03 pm

i have a number of snails and hermits on handblue legs,red legs, cone shell halloween,blue eye left claws,emerald crabs,peppermint shrimp,cleaner chrimp,sally light foots,sand sifting stars,serpent stars,electric blue hermit,bummble bee snails,cerith,nasarius,astreas,turbo,and maybe some other guys things change alot.and MVP can fill in any gaps.but that is if thats the way you want to go.they do have some macros i dont have but i have tried a number and many of them dont like the enviroments i have put them in.and believe me i have tried.also many will be consumed by various lifeforms and or not grow as fast as other algaes or just have a sexual cycle and die off.but with that said i would still love to try out some of those macros.i mean they all have there chram right.
Back to top Go down
burningbaal

macroalgae home Empty
PostSubject: Re: macroalgae home   macroalgae home EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:13 pm

badxgillen wrote:
i have a number of snails and hermits on handblue legs,red legs, cone shell halloween,blue eye left claws,emerald crabs,peppermint shrimp,cleaner chrimp,sally light foots,sand sifting stars,serpent stars,electric blue hermit,bummble bee snails,cerith,nasarius,astreas,turbo,and maybe some other guys things change alot.and MVP can fill in any gaps.but that is if thats the way you want to go.they do have some macros i dont have but i have tried a number and many of them dont like the enviroments i have put them in.and believe me i have tried.also many will be consumed by various lifeforms and or not grow as fast as other algaes or just have a sexual cycle and die off.but with that said i would still love to try out some of those macros.i mean they all have there chram right.

I would gladly buy whatever of those snails and hermits you're willing to let go. Perhaps I could meet up with you soon...I'll verify some funds and we'll pick a time...the sooner the better if you ask me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

macroalgae home Empty
PostSubject: Re: macroalgae home   macroalgae home Empty

Back to top Go down

macroalgae home
Page 1 of 1