Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discontinued Life-Glo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Discontinued Life-Glo Empty
PostSubject: Discontinued Life-Glo   Discontinued Life-Glo EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:27 am

so through our mutual friend badx i was able to acquire a discontinued life-glo high intensity reflector lamp (20W T8), when checked previously it looked far from impressive, but when i popped it into my ballast and saw the results i must say it looks better (i think its the internal reflector in the bulb)...

before:
Discontinued Life-Glo Photo0141

after:
Discontinued Life-Glo Photo0181

yes its a custom made ballast...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Discontinued Life-Glo   Discontinued Life-Glo EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:18 pm

nice i am going to see about finding one for myself if i can.for a T-8 they really push out some lumens.almost like a T-5.i also see you moved some corals under the new light source.you have two bulbs in right? in the pic is it just the life glo or is it both tubes and if it is, is the other tube a actinic?
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: Discontinued Life-Glo   Discontinued Life-Glo EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:52 pm

thanks for bringing that up, it does have an accintic in there and a random LED strip, as i mentioned its a customized rig for superior performance. but the difference the one bulb makes is HUGE, both pics have the same bulbs going, just switched the one for the life-glo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discontinued Life-Glo   Discontinued Life-Glo Empty

Back to top Go down

Discontinued Life-Glo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Equipment and Products Review :: Lighting-
Jump to: