Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Glad to be here!

Go down 
+2
Eyeballer
Egbar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Egbar

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 am

Hello all!

So glad to be introduced to this forum! I started my freshwater fish hobbie a little over 3 years ago! I started with a 29 gallon tank.... went through many of the hardships that new fish hobbiest's do even with a good mentor.... and now I have my 29 gallon tank, a 10 gallon which I have raised cherry red shrimp in and now houses the MANY long fin albino bristtlenose pleco babies that my pair keep having... and I just got gifted a 90 gallon tank that is all set up and has been cycling for a week now! Have been transfering my 29 gallon into it. I am very excited to see if I can hang with the "Big Boys" witheverything I have learned!

Glad to be here!
Back to top Go down
Eyeballer

Eyeballer

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:30 am

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.valleyeyecare.com
badxgillen

badxgillen

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:18 am

welcome aboard.that sounds like a pretty good progresion.and a 90 gallon is quite a big upgrade.are you leaning twards a community tank or are you going aggresive? i suppose if you are moving the 29 over than its community right?and at some point i wouldnt mind trading for a long fin pleco.i would also like to diversify my cherry shrimps.well see yah around the forum.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:59 pm

welcome to the forum, sounds like your doing pretty good, 3yrs can mean a lot of learning if you take the time and pay attention to your tanks, i would love to see a pic of that 90 when its all said and going...
Back to top Go down
Egbar

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: 4 days shy of a month!   Glad to be here! EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Hey you guys!

Well, it has almost been one month since I set up my 90 gallon and it is doing great! It is a community tank. I have 6 glass cats, 3 white skirt/3 black skirt tetra, 6 neon tetra, 4 cosmic blue danio , 2 purple glowfish(danio), 1 pink(same). 2 pair of longfin bristlenose pleco, all albino and one brown guy that I am trying to breed now. I have about 30 babies from my first pair currently. They have had 7 sets of babies. ummmm, 4 albino glolite tetra, a loach, many assasin snails, and a golden clam in my 10 gallon that has all the babies!

badxgillen... I would love to do some trading with you! Just let me know.

And, yes... the first year having my 29 gallon was a huge learning curve on having fish tanks! I started with live plants a lot died, I then switched to fake plants and focused on learning how to just raise fish, then my tank turned totally green for weeks, and finally things turned around, I got better with fish, then got more live plants... and here I am! I am very good at water changes, keeping a log since the beginning, and learning from people like you! It has been a blast and I love looking at my tanks. I am still figuring out this site and my new tablet. so I will send this so it does not get deleted and then try and figure out how to attach a photo.

Thanks for responding you guys! I look forward to corresponding more when studying doesn't get in the way!

PS... I will be looking to sell my 29 galon with nice stand if you know anyone!?

Have a great day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:33 pm

awwww yeah i could use some assasins too as i always have foods for them.drop me a PM when you wanna touch bases.i have something you could use i am sure.
Back to top Go down
Hamstern

Hamstern

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 2:27 am

Hey!!!Welcome to the forum!Can't wait to see some pics of your tanks...but you should fit in fine.You sound very experienced!But once again,Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Summit MicroFarm

Summit MicroFarm

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:11 am

Welcome to the forum Egbar!
Great to know you in the forum and person! You have become quite an accomplished aquarist in the past few years. Don't worry there are always ups and downs and they make us more profficient.
Good Luck!
alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Glad to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to be here!   Glad to be here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Glad to be here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Community :: Meet the Community-
Jump to: