Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Photo Website

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ENBG

Photo Website Empty
PostSubject: Photo Website   Photo Website EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Hey everyone, I am trying to post some pics to the forum and I just got them onto my computer. I was wondering what website people use to upload and save their pictures? The FAQ on inserting photos into a post says that you must link the photo from another website, and I was curious which site people prefer? I am new to aquarium photography, and have a Olympus stylus tough-6000 10 megapixel camera. I don't know hardly anything about cameras, but from what I can find on it it has an Olympus lens 3.6 optical wide zoom, 5.0-18.2 mm. If anyone has any tips on this camera let me know!
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Photo Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photo Website   Photo Website EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:15 pm

i dont have any info on the camera but i would check out photo buckeet as that is a pretty reliable site for pics..i dont use a site i just browse my computer for the pics and copy the url.you probably already looked at the off topics about posting pics.
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

Photo Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photo Website   Photo Website EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:06 pm

I use photobucket. it works great for me. Once you have uploaded the pictures you can click on the share/edit/etc button and then check the IMG option. Then you can just copy that link and it pastes the picture right into the post. Easy and quick
random pic to share for the hell of it out of photobucket Very Happy
Photo Website IMAG0714
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

Photo Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photo Website   Photo Website EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:11 pm

oh and as for camera tips... you can probably shoot in 'raw' mode, which gives you the biggest file size and the most customization possibilities.

I usually shoot in cloudy mode for white balance and then I fix the color with my editing program. It is hard to find the right exposure for halides but once you import them into a photo program you can adjust the saturation, color tones, temperature, etc and then you can hit that sweet spot of what it looks like under the lights. Just dont overdo the color enhancing. I try to make the color pop but I dont want it to look fake or overdone.
Back to top Go down
ENBG

Photo Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photo Website   Photo Website EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Hey thanks alot guys for the tips! I started up a photobucket account and plan on messing with my camera more next week after I return from the weekend vacation. and Shutterfish, that is an awesome photo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Photo Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photo Website   Photo Website Empty

Back to top Go down

Photo Website
Page 1 of 1