Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maxi Jet - 400

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

Maxi Jet - 400 Empty
PostSubject: Maxi Jet - 400   Maxi Jet - 400 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:17 am

so i am a fan of the maxi jets for there head hight and versatility.they are easy to disasemble and modify in numerous ways.they now all come with a number of bells and whistles that make them a nice pump to have around.not to pricey either.
[img]Maxi Jet - 400 Ptr_mj10[/img]
these pumpe easily convert from power head to circulation pump in a matter of seconds.just switch out the impeller for the provided propeler and shroud and you go from a 110 GPH to 500 GPH.these also push 3 feet in head hieght.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Maxi Jet - 400 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxi Jet - 400   Maxi Jet - 400 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:19 am

i was scepticle on the 500 part so i decided to blast it.
[img]Maxi Jet - 400 Ptr_mj11[/img]
and wow it does blast.i had to ark it twards the back wall as it was kicking up everything in its path.
[img]Maxi Jet - 400 Ptr_mj12[/img]
here you can see it is making the water churn.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Maxi Jet - 400 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxi Jet - 400   Maxi Jet - 400 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:47 am

since this testing i have come to really like the versatility of these pumps.i hope everyone doesnt think i am biased but i do like the maxi jets.
[img]Maxi Jet - 400 Tues_912[/img]
Back to top Go down
reefmadness

Maxi Jet - 400 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxi Jet - 400   Maxi Jet - 400 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:01 pm

I got one of these in my mixing vat (Maxi 400) and it keeps the water moving round and round. I have another one (Maxi 600) in my staging bucket where I keep a fresh change of saltwater right next to the tank. I used to have one of these (Maxi 1200) driving my skimmer until I found a cheap Mag3 which just does the job better. I have yet 2 more (Maxi 900 and 400) laying around "on standby". So, that's 5 MaxiJets, I guess I like them too, but not as much as Bert. He's got like 20 of the things!

Now, I have 2 of the new Koralia 425 pumps and I'm not happy. I have them hooked up to a wavemaker that switches between the 2 pumps. Koralia says that these pumps are suitable for this application! Anyway, the pumps don't always work. Sometimes they just stall, sometimes they run backward. I'm just not impressed when everyone else seems to be. Is it just my pumps? They're not that old; maybe 1 year for one of them and 6 months for the other.

Yeah, I know, get a Vortech (or 2).
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Maxi Jet - 400 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxi Jet - 400   Maxi Jet - 400 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:09 pm

thats funny as i have had a koralia do that backward thing but i thought it was just me.it wasnt on a wave maker but on a power bar i had switched off.when i turned it on it wasnt working ,or so it seemed, but under closer investigation it was in reverse No i figured i had the polarity reversed so i unplugged it then plugged it back in and it worked fine.weird?i traded that pump for something after that....i cant remember...probably a frag Razz
the one thing i have against the maxi jet is its flow is rather direct.this is nice if you want to get a lot of flow across a distance and it is fine for some high flow corals but dont let your frogspawns or other LPS get caught in the direct path of a 1200. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
reefmadness

Maxi Jet - 400 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxi Jet - 400   Maxi Jet - 400 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 am

Yeah, the Maxi's seem to be quite directional. My Seio is the same way. So far, both Maxijets and Seios seem pretty reliable, I wish I could put my Seio on the wavemaker, but the manufacturer insists that I don't. I think I can put Maxi's on a wavemaker, no? Maybe I'll swap out the Koralias. Although, I think the Maxijets (as flow pump) take up more space in the tank than the Koralia (I'm comparing a Maxijet 400 and the Koralia 425).

I'm also wondering if the Koralia 500 (550?) isn't better built and doesn't have that reverse problem. Of course, it would take up more space too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maxi Jet - 400 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxi Jet - 400   Maxi Jet - 400 Empty

Back to top Go down

Maxi Jet - 400
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Equipment and Products Review :: Other Accesories-
Jump to: