Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DIY Hood Lighting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cthulhuapproved

cthulhuapproved

DIY Hood Lighting Empty
PostSubject: DIY Hood Lighting   DIY Hood Lighting EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey guys...been away for awhile!

In the meantime, my DIY hood is mostly finished and now I've got a quick question regarding the heat associated with lighting...

I was hoping to get a flush-mountable T8 fixture, but DBF accidentally picked up a T12 non-flush mountable one instead. Didn't notice this had happened until just today, and I can't help but wonder how much hotter T12s get as compared to T8s. Anyone have experience with this? Is a receipt-hunt in order?
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

DIY Hood Lighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Hood Lighting   DIY Hood Lighting EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 am

nah the heat is the same in my opinion.i sometimes run one t12 and one t8 in the same dual fixture and i am pretty sure the out put is close.although i havent broken out the infared thermometer yet.
Back to top Go down

DIY Hood Lighting
Page 1 of 1