Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

&*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&#

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shutterfish

shutterfish

&*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&# Empty
PostSubject: &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&#   &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&# EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:47 am

So today in my 16 gallon tank i fed my two anemones and i see this HUGE bristleworm emerge from the rock rick above the second anemone. I ran to grab some tweezers to try and grab him but when I got back to the tank he had already grabbed the big piece of krill i had fed to my anemone. Friggin bastard. This thing is big- I'd guess at least 8". Never seen his before. Maybe he killed my porcelain crab... i dunno. Anyway, this was an interesting and nasty surprise. I need to figure out how to nab that thing. ideas? Even if I entice it out a little i would probably rip it if I try to nab it with tweezers...
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&#   &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&# EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:55 am

so is this rock attached to anything of importance such as the anemone or a coral.you knwo there are a number of dips that would get him right out.if not you might have to starve the tank a couple days and then trap him.
Back to top Go down
shutterfish

shutterfish

PostSubject: Re: &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&#   &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&# EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:57 am

it is the very same big rock that the two anemones are on... and like 1" above them in a small hole...
Back to top Go down
mvpaquatics

mvpaquatics

PostSubject: Re: &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&#   &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&# EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:29 am

How big is big
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpaquariummaintenance.com
shutterfish

shutterfish

PostSubject: Re: &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&#   &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&# EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:04 am

i dunno bc I only saw an inch of it but it was thick and chunky looking. I would say he's gotta be the size of a large earthworm at the least. I remember tearing down my first tank a year+ ago that had old stuff in it and I found a foot long bristle worm in the sand... glad i didnt find that one with my hands... Anyway, this guy yesterday was big enough to snatch a 1/2"+ piece of krill out of the mouth of my anemone
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&#   &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&# EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:55 am

what about a giant arrow crab, i prefer bio controls myself, but damn i mean could one of those fish traps work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&#   &*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&# Empty

Back to top Go down

&*^@#$ bristleworms! (*#$R&#
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Community :: Community Discussions-
Jump to: