Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

photohraphy pointers please?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
badxgillen

badxgillen

photohraphy pointers please? Empty
PostSubject: photohraphy pointers please?   photohraphy pointers please? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:32 am

i find it really hard to get photos of my fish as many of you have noticed they wont stay still.is there any pointers out there besides get another camera and stay still.sometimes the flash works out good and sometimes not so good.is there a light i should use instead of the tank light to get better pics.is there a sedative i can give my guppies and danios.a little help would be apreciated.[img]photohraphy pointers please? Tanks_11[/img]
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: photohraphy pointers please?   photohraphy pointers please? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:48 am

Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: photohraphy pointers please?   photohraphy pointers please? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:32 am

well i have a crappy 3.2 megapixel canon camera i got from a thrift store for $20 bucks.so i dont have alot of options but i see how the flash and other things can come into it as variables.i suppose i was hoping that someone had a similarly crappy camera that had a pointer or two.thanks for the link though.it gave me some ideas.just wait till i get some looking up views of my corals.look out.
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

PostSubject: Re: photohraphy pointers please?   photohraphy pointers please? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:29 am

so far your pics seem great, but really all you can do is try settings out, play with the camera, take several pics at a time, its gonna be a gamble, i have terrible luck with taking pics of my aquariums and only have a camera on my cell phone, so i feel your pain.
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: photohraphy pointers please?   photohraphy pointers please? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:58 am

so i have been setting the camera on its auto setting then turning the flash off.usualy shutting off the rooms lights or any other outside light that can cause glare.this usualy gives a better pic but not always.take multiple shots .i like to do three round bursts so i can choose the bast one.alot of time i will simply take a picture a little further back than i had originaly planned then croping the pic on the computer.alot of the cameras that dont have the bells and whistles dont take macro picutres well. up close seems hard to do on most cameras so a little assistance is sometimes needed.
Back to top Go down
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

PostSubject: Re: photohraphy pointers please?   photohraphy pointers please? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:45 am

Oddly enough I have the best luck with a cell phone camera. No flash and no real zoom but takes pretty good pics. I use a Nikon coolpix S4000 for a regular camera I manually set on the highest ISO I can get and no flash. I'll post some examples.

This is my old cell phone that I keep just for macro shots
[img]photohraphy pointers please? Img_2011[/img]

This one is from my new cell phone
[img]photohraphy pointers please? 10-e3310[/img]

This one is from the Nikon
[img]photohraphy pointers please? Dscn1110[/img]
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestmri.com
fishfanatic

fishfanatic

PostSubject: Re: photohraphy pointers please?   photohraphy pointers please? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:46 am

Old cell phone is by far the best for macro, but a high ISO is grat for moving fish.....As well as timing, patience and luck Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestmri.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: photohraphy pointers please?   photohraphy pointers please? Empty

Back to top Go down

photohraphy pointers please?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Forum Resources :: Off Topic-
Jump to: