Berts House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Oregon based pet forum for people interested in aquatics, small mammals, herps and invertebrates. Find us at Facebook too https://www.facebook.com/berts.house?ref=tn_tnmn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jelly Tank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kylehansen

Jelly Tank Empty
PostSubject: Jelly Tank   Jelly Tank EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:50 am

Hey all. I am planning on making a jellyfish tank out of my 75 hex. I will be keeping everyone posted on my progress. Let me know if you have any ideas. Right now i am trying to figure out the lighting. Since the jellies i will be keeping are non-photosynthetic, the light will be for looks. Also heat is an issue due to them needing cooler water. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with LED's. The tank is 30 inches tall and i was wondering if led's have enough penetration to light up the whole tank sufficiently. Thank you
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Jelly Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jelly Tank   Jelly Tank EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:27 am

thats cool, i saw a site that was doing that.
i think good LEDs will be dim at the edge of 30inches, but i think it would work.
im interested in how this plays out.
Back to top Go down
tbonewarrior

Jelly Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jelly Tank   Jelly Tank EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:44 pm

What about lighting it from the top AND bottom with LED's? You could go bare bottom and put some under the tank before you fill it with water, or after depending on your stand. It would look trippy and solve your light penetration issue. With jellies, it might be cool to have one set of white and one set of blue, so they look different at different level of the tank, but only slightly. Just my $0.02!
Back to top Go down
badxgillen

badxgillen

Jelly Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jelly Tank   Jelly Tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:13 am

if you want to try some out i have red LED strips that i dont need.not the best color but it might be nice to play with as far as concepts.you can get em in white and blue as well.the blue are sweet and they arent to spendy.[img]Jelly Tank Gigsti21[/img]
Back to top Go down
kylehansen

Jelly Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jelly Tank   Jelly Tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:53 am

That would be great! i was thinking about color changing leds. Since it will be a bare bottom i could put some under the tank as was suggested. I could also get multiple colors and put them on switches. Im getting excited the more i think about this tank. Thank you for your help in this!!!!
Back to top Go down
theRedSkull

theRedSkull

Jelly Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jelly Tank   Jelly Tank EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:12 am

i also support the under lighting as well, this talk is making me want to try this, i cannot wait to see how it progresses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jelly Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jelly Tank   Jelly Tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Jelly Tank
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Berts House :: Community :: Tank Profiles-
Jump to: